Chapter 7 Stranger From Another Time

Avery Wilson -

"Good Morning Beth."

"You seem super cheerful. Wait... Did Cayden and you..." she gave me a mysterious smile.

I giggled, "No no. My dad would never allow that." Then I heard a voice from behind me say.

"Hahah girl, same!" A girl with shoulder length curly brown hair was standing behind me. "Umm i was hoping you would help me with something?"

Beth and I exchanged looks. "H-how can we help you?"

"Ummm this might be a weird question but ummm where is the avengers tower.. It seems I can't find it.."

"Avengers tower..." I put my finger on my chin. "I-"

"That's in New York City. This is Canada."

"That's weird. I swear I was just there. I was talking with my friend and i— I was here..." her face was filled with confusion, then her eyes widened and she looked at her hands. "Oh shoot, I did it again..."

"Did what again?"

"Ummm do you have any super people here?"

"The police are as super as you get." Beth spoke up. Then the girl looked at me and gave me the look like she knew something..

"Actually, I might know a guy. Beth, can you hold the fort down for a bit? I'll be right back."

"Sure thing."

I untied my apron and took the girl's arm. "This way." We walked down a few alleyways when she ripped her arm out of my hand.

"Please don't touch me..."

"Sorry. I'm used to doing that."

"It's fine my ex did that a lot and ummm it wasnt good." She said with a forced laugh.

"Oh, I'm s-sorry. Boys can be a pain in the butt."

"True.. so umm i'm Gracie.."

"Please to meet you. I'm Avery. New York, huh? Sounds like-" the talk with my dad came back into my head. He spent all the time with my mother there. "Sounds exotic." I finished.

"Well it can be sometimes.. So who's the super person you know?"

"He's just up ahead. Unless he finds us first." I worry. "I doubt he'll find us before we find him." I shake it off. "Oh shoot." I remembered my phone tracker.

"Let me guess he has a tracker oh you or something.." She said with a raise of her eyebrow.

"Nah." I joke with a nervous laugh. "It's-"

A figure jumped behind Gracie. "I thought you said you wouldn't leave." he looked at me menacingly.

"AHHH OH MY GOODNESS WHO ARE YOU!" She said, raising her hands that started glowing a lit blue.

"Who are you?!" he pointed right at her trying to joke around.

"This is the superhero of our small town." I nod my head.

"Why does he look like Peter?" She muttered to herself.

"Oooo. So you think I look at Peter, aye? Which one? Tobey? Andrew? Tom?" He lists off a few.

"Wait, you know the other ones?"

"Trust me sister, I know so many more. Just wait till you get to Spider-Man No Way Home in your line of story."

"Already happened..."

"Oh. I'm sorry." he tried to act sad.

Wow she's pretty cool huh..

Hehehehe.

"Did you just hear that!?" She said even more confused.

"The narrators? Yeah. They speak to me or themselves. Anyways." he stared back at me, "I thought you promised me you wouldn't leave."

"Look I-"

"No I's. Tell me what you are doing here!"

"She's helping me. It seems I'm a little lost.."

He stared back at Gracie, "I'll deal with you in a bit. Ave, I want you to go back. You're safer there."

"Thank you for your help Avery, have a nice day."

I rolled my eyes, "Say hello to Cayden for me." and I walked away.