Chapter 20 I Want You Too Listen

Wade -

I turned my focus upon Gracie's stomach. No. I did it again. I was scared. I wasn't there for Vanessa when she was pregnant but what would help Gracie. Was this the surprise she was talking about? I was really hoping to finish our round three. Is this why she's been throwing up? Was it our first night that it caused this to happen?

"Wade?" She asked, worried in her face, as if I didn't approve.

"I guess the maybe kid didn't turn out to be a maybe but a reality." I chuckle nervously. Eddie's jaw is wide open.

"You got my sister pregnant?! You guys aren't even married! I don't even know you!" Eddie yelled.

"That's why you were throwing up and cut your head." I slowly walked over to her.

"No, I fell because I couldn't walk, thank you!" They laughed. Cayden pushed Eddie and I out of the room.

"Let's give them some privacy." The door closed behind them.

"Pregnant..." I said in shock. "I-I didn't know. I-I-I'm s-sorry."

"What are you sorry about?" SHe cupped my face and kissed me.

"I didn't even ask you how you felt about it. You said you wanted a kid but did you really? I don't want you to end up like my last girlfriend, alone and scared."

"Well, I don't want kids right now, but we can get through this okay."

"I guess that was the surprise you were talking about in the car, huh." I smiled as I put my hands on her skinny stomach. It wasn't round just yet but I know there was a small kid in there.

"Well yes and no."

I looked up fast. "Oh? What was the other surprise? You got twins in there?" I looked around her stomach.

"More like no more interruptions?" She said, stepping back and locking the door.

"What about your brother and the others? You only have a twin side bed. I can't fit." she rolled her eyes and unlocked the door, and walked out the door. "Wait, where are you going?! I'm sorry! Please!"

"You guys figure things out?" Avery asked. "I thought you guys were going to be a bit longer."

"That's what I thought too! Then youre dad had to open his mouth." Gracie said, sitting on the couch, crossing her arms and legs pouting.

"Wait! I just said you had a twin size bed!"

"Excuse me?" Eddie walked in front of me.

"Oh hey... Eddie..."

"Hey Eddie." my daughter called over, "Their adults now. It's fine. Plus what's the worst thing that could happen?"

"We break the bed." Gracie whispered very quietly enough for me to hear. I just chuckled.

"My sister gets pregnant, oh wait! That's already happened!" Eddie throws his arms in the air.

"Well he ruined the mood anyway." Gracie said, crossing her arms.

"Eddie, do you have a bigger bed?" I asked, feeling a little weird about it.

"Down the hall is an extra bedroom." Eddie crosses his arms.

"Thank you! Thank you!" I pull on Gracie's arm as I rush to the room.

"Yeah no. It's so awkward now."

"It's fine. It was awkward when my daughter and her boyfriend walked in on us. Now they know that we need space." She said putting space in air quotes. All I did was chuckle. "Plus I don't know when my dad is going to be back, and.... You can imagine what he'll do if he finds someone with his daughter........ You know."