Chapter 4 The Chase

Cayden Wikerson -

My commanding officers gathered together around a table with a map of the town spread out. Multi-colored strings tied around push pins were marked on different locations surrounding Vancouver City. "We know our suspect is in this vicinity." Chief Watson placed his pointer finger on Hastings Street. "Our witnesses say that they've spotted him around these two streets: Hastings and Clark Drive. We have two police officers on patrol right now and if we get the signal that he's on that street, be prepared to roll out."

A couple of officers and some lieutenants began to load up their pistols and dress body armor over their chest. "Wilkerson." Chief Watson called me over.

"Yes sir?"

"You're with me."

"Yes sir."

I jumped into the cop car alongside Chief Watson standing by. "Chief, we've been compromised! We're in pursuit right now!"

"Copy that."

Sirens blared and flashed while we raced past cars and stop signs. "Eyes on Trans-Canada Highway." another officer spoke out on the channel.

"We'll cut the suspect off at Boundary Road!" I cleared my throat.

Sweat droplets ran down the side of my forehead. Out of the corner of my eye, I was able to spot a news channel helicopter. "It's just up ahead." the chief nodded, "Remember your training kid and don't get cocky. We don't know if this man is armed or if he's alone."

"Yes sir."

"Look for a red pick-up truck that's headed your way!" a deputy cried out.

Just as they yelled into the walkie-talkie, a red truck slammed into us from the side. Glass shattered from the left window of the car. The impact was super strong, it created skid marks across the street and pushed us into the side of a lamppost. Our car was totaled as was the truck. Three characters jumped out of the truck as fast as they could. I was kind of surprised none of them were injured unless they were pushing the pain aside. Their idea was to disintegrate our car so that they would have to deal with two less cops on their tail. "We still have time to run after them." I used my arm to slam my door open.

"You go, my door is stuck. I'll communicate with the others. Go!" The chief was struggling with blood dripping from his temple.

I wanted to stay and help him but an order is an order so I ran. I ran after the three figures across the road and down neighborhoods and alleyways. Each split up in separate directions. I reached for my walkie-talkie till I realized it was left in the car. "Dang it." I spoke to myself.

I ran to the right, hoping to catch at least one of them. Sirens continued to shrink in my ear while I tried to focus. The alley way was damp and wet causing my footsteps to bounce off the walls. Just as I turned the corner, a BANG shook me. Pain rushed through my arm. No no no no no. I slowly moved my hand over my shoulder to reveal a red liquid running down my hand. The figure started to run and I pushed the pain aside and fixed my feet to pace faster. Just as I was gaining on him, another figure dropped from the sky. "You know, you shouldn't play with guns."

The Mercenary and His Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें