Chapter 32 Guess Who's Back? Back Again? Bucky!

Gracie -

I suddenly appeared in the Avengers compound living room. I was still in my wedding dress. A single tear ran down my face. I looked around to see Bucky staring at me, as he walked in with Barkly..

"Gracie?" He stood there in shock. He dropped the leash to Barkly who ran to me barking and trying to jump on me. A slight smile creeped onto my face.

"Hey girl." I bent down to pet her.

"How– I thought you died..." he walked forward with his arms reaching out. I put my hand out.

"Hey Buck... No, I'm not dead. I'm.... okay." I looked at him and he looked back with a smile.

"It's a pretty dress." Then a woman walked in and stood beside him with a little kid. "Umm Gracie, this is my girlfriend Jenna and her son Mathew." (The Jenna from the store btw) I nodded.

"Hi Jenna, nice to see you again." I smiled and held out my hand. She smiled and shook my hand.

"You know each other?"

"I helped her out from a creepy guy once like 5 years ago."

"Thank you for that by the way." She smiled awkwardly as her hand fell to her side. "Come on Matthew, let's leave them alone." She grabbed her son's hand and started to walk out of the room.

"So we broke up for nothing?" My brows furrowed together, as I took a deep breath.

"Gracie, don't..."

"Don't what? Bucky.... You knew I loved you but it's whatever, I need to go talk to someone." I started to walk away.

"Where were you... Everyone was worried about you."

"I had to do something you know how it goes, saving people is what we do, I just had to save someone. I have to go see Strange."

"What's with the dress?"

"Why are you so interested in me? You have a girlfriend and a kid. I'm now irrelevant to your life." I didn't know how to feel, my face was blank as I walked to my old room as he followed. I opened the door and nothing had changed. A slight smile came as I started to unzip my dress from the back, I watched the dress fall to the ground then I looked over to see Bucky staring at me, his eyes were wider than I had ever seen before. "What are you doing?" A slight blush creeped upon my face.

"Nothing." he shrugged, continuing to stare at me. It felt awkward as I walked over to my clothes and grabbed a T-shirt and put it on with some sweats.

"Buck... I missed you." I smiled slightly.

"I missed you more." he smiled in return leaning against the wall.

"You say that but you're dating someone else with a kid, when you broke up with me for the whole reason that you didn't want any..." I said, with an irony in my voice.

"Well sorry." he sassed back. "I didn't know if you were ever going to return! It's been a few years!"

"Two months actually."

"Well it felt like years! I was worried for you and we looked everywhere and no sign of you... What else was I supposed to do..?"

"I'm sorry. I'm glad you're happy.

"I just hope you can find that same happiness we once had." he crossed his arms. "I still love you but my feelings have faded a bit. Please understand."

"I've moved on also I guess you can say, but he's gone so whatever."

"He?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well while I was gone I almost got married but I came back here, and it's been like 7 years since he's seen me so hopefully he found love.

"Is that what the dress was about?" he leaned against the wall once more, relaxed this time. "Why not go and find him?"

"Cause I want him to forget me... I have caused him a lot of pain. I don't want to hurt him again."

"What if he's not as happy as you imagine him to be?" he asked casually with a shrug. "For all you know he's still waiting to be with you but you're just scared to admit it." I shrugged as I put my shoes on and started to grab my stuff.

"I need to go, nice to see you Buck, have fun i guess."

"You too." he nodded his head. "I wish you the best."

"You too."

"I hope we can meet again soon and catch up."

"Maybe. See you later." I grabbed Barkly's lesh and walked out of the compound. I pulled out my phone and looked through the pictures of me and Wade and my family that I had. I smiled. "Oh my Wade, I hope you are happy.. But let's see if I can find you, but Strange first.'' I walked all the way over to the Sanctum Sanctorum, and dramatically opened the door. "STEVEN!!" A figure popped out from behind one of the doors on the second floor. He looked like he hadn't changed a bit.

"Gracie?" He spoke eloquently.

"Yup it's me, I'm back... Miss me?" I said with a smile and opened my arms to give him a hug.

"Missed you lots." he smiled as he ran down the stairs to hug me. "You saved him?"

"Yeah he should be fine. Thanks for sending me back."

"No problem though you guys did look happy together. I'm sorry that I broke it off too soon."

"It's... fine you just ruined my wedding day." I hit him in the arm.

"You did good work. You deserve some rest."

"Do you know where he is? Is he happy?"

"I don't know if he's happy or not but I know someone who could help you find him."

"Who?"

"Why the vigilante Spider-Man of course." he chuckled.

"Oh yes Spider-man... You.... know.... him ... right?" I couldn't remember if he could still remember what happened with Peter, but thanks to my natterer power I still know him.

"I know him from the streets and his work in the newspaper." Right of course he doesn't know.

"Right, I think I can find him myself thanks Steve."

"Alright. Take care." he smiled as he walked up the stairs. Okay let's go find my spider friend. Ohh I can just jump off a building and he could catch me!