23 || Safe Haven

When we get to the safe haven it looks beautiful

When we get to the safe haven it looks beautiful. People already started builded structures for us to be at home. The boys took care of Thomas while Brenda and me got new clothes and cleaned up. "Why aren't you saying anything?" I laugh at her.

"I didn't think you were in the taking mood." She gives me a sad look.

"I'm not but it would help to talk about anything." I tell her truthfully.

"Wanna bunk near each other? We can be roommates." She dances her way over to me making me laugh.

"Thank you for asking because I know the guys are just gonna pop a squat next to me. I appreciate you asking." I say making her laugh.

"You girls dressed?" We hear Jorge walk up to the hurt we were in.

"Yes, we're coming." Brenda walks ahead of me.

"We got him all patched up but he's still out. He's gonna be okay though." He tells us but gives me a hug. "Vince wants to talk to you." He lets me know then points him out for me.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I walk up to him and he just pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him and he rubs my back rocking us.

"You're a touch girl, Liz. You're mom always said you hated to show others how you felt and was good at hiding it at a young age. I'm sorry. Newt told me y'all were super close." I tear up some nodding my head. "We're all gonna have a better life here. We're not gonna lose anyone else that way."

"Vince?" I look up at him.

"What is it honey?" He leans back looking at me.

"Is it alright if I call you dad? I mean you cared about my mom and I have no one as a parent figure since she's gone." I wipe my tears away while his slightly get glassy.

"Yes, you can." He gives me a big hug before telling me to go join the others while he gets back to work.

-

"You're gonna get in trouble again, Lizzie." Thomas whisper shouts at Elizabeth as she peaks out the door to check the halls. "Oh well. I'm bored, Thomas. Come on. I saw where they take the games." She giggles taking off making Thomas follow her. "Shh." She puts her arm out stopping him as a doctor walks down the hall going into another room. "Lizzie." Thomas runs to keep up with her.

"There's a code and we came all this way." He looks as the doors pad then at her. "8697." She says putting in the code opening the door smiling at Thomas. As they hear voices down the hall she grabs him but the shirt pulling him into the room. "How did you know the code?" Thomas asks as she goes to the toys and games. "The code is toys, the letters correspond with the numbers. It's pretty easy." She gives him a look. "Sorry I'm dumb." He rolls his eyes. "You're not dumb, dummy." She kisses his cheek making him blush.