14 || I Promised

"There you are." Newt says as I join them.

"Why are you crying?" Fry asks as I sit down with them.

"I just met my mother and I remember being taken from her." I give them a smile.

"Your mother?" Minho asks.

"The doctor, Mary, she's my mom. After talking to her, I remembered getting taken from her." I explain to them.

"I'm happy for you. Getting to see a family member and remembering them. Even if it's a little memory." Newt puts his arm around me.

"What happened when you three got separated from us?" Fry asks me.

"Got chased by cranks that were fully turned. Had to keep climbing up to get away." I laugh remembering the height.

"Bet you lost it being terrified of heights." Minho laughs, making me slap him.

"Not funny! You try being stuck holding on to a doorknob in a slanted room where if you slide down all the way you fall to your death. I was in tears and thankfully Thomas got me in time because I was having a panic attack." I explain making him apologize.

"And at Marcus's? What did you hallucinate?" Newt rubs my arm.

"Gally dead and you as a Crank." I tell them.

Soon Thomas joins us, "Is she doing better?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He sits down.

"You know, I wish Alby could've seen all this." I look at the whole place.

"And Winston." Fry adds.

"And Chuck." Thomas adds so in my head I say Gally too. He would have liked all this if he wasn't such a pain.

"He would be proud of you, you know Tommy." Newt tells him so he agrees.

"Hey where's Teresa?" I ask cuddling Newt for warmth.

"She went up there." Newt motions to her so we all look over at her.

"Weird." I say making Thomas look at me.

"I'm gonna go check on her." He gets up still looking at me before leaving.

"Are we missing something?" Minho asks, eyeing me.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Did something happen between you and Thomas recently?" He asks me, causing Fry and Newt to wait for an answer.

"My mom told us we were super close before the maze. Something like most of time we were kept apart, but we always found away back to each other." I just tell them that part.

"You're not telling the whole story. I know you, Ellie." Newt says, making me look at the ground.

"At Marcus's we sorta kissed. He leaned in first and well I kissed him back. But when I leaned back, that's when I hallucinated Gally then you, rushing away."

"Do you have feelings for Thomas?" Fry raises an eyebrow.

"I-," get cut off as a Wicked aircraft fires at us.

Everyone starts to panic and the first thing I wanted to do was find my mom. "Where's Thomas? Where is my mom?" I shout as we rush down to what's going on. "Vince! Harriet!" I rush over to join them and the boys follow. "Where's my mom?" I ask, picking up a gun.

"She went back to help Tyson and they got her." Vince tells me, causing me to start shooting more. A soldier ends up throwing a shock bomb at us causing all of the to fall to the ground.

-

"Shit. Shit." Thomas watches his friends go down and dragged off.

"I'm sorry. There's just nothing you can do for them. If we don't move now, we won't be much better off." Jorge tells Thomas but he won't leave them behind.