1 || Greenie

Everyday it was the same old same old in the Glade

Everyday it was the same old same old in the Glade. Everyone did their jobs they were assigned to, to keep the Glade going. Every month we got a new Greenie along with our supplies for the month. Nothing never changed for us. Only thing that was out of place in the Glade was me. The only damn female in the entire Glade. There was literally no one before me when I got here so when the next person came up it was a guy, then another, then another, and another, and another, and so on to this very day.

I've always prayed for another girl to come up in the box but it never happens. Was it uncomfortable being the only girl? Yes, at times but majority of the time no. The guys respected me for a few reasons...

One; I was the main person in charge because Alby said since I was first to arrive. Two; I came up with the whole idea how to run the Glade. Three; I put up with all these guys.

"Do you know when we'll be getting a new greenie soon?" Chuck asks, following me around.

"Any day now. Why? You tried of being called Greenie by Gally?" I laugh, stopping to look at him and his face showed that he was.

"He doesn't even call me by my name and I know he knows it." He huffs, making me pat the top of his head.

"Like I said any day now." I laugh, walking again.

"Bess, Alby said you have to check if you like the plan for building onto Homestead." Gally walks up to me.

"Didn't I give you the go two days ago?" I shift my weight to my right leg crossing my arms.

"I told him that but he said to check again because he doesn't like it. He's hoping you changed your mind." His temper starts.

"What's not to like? You're making part of it bigger so we have more room for future greenies to sleep. Do you have a problem with it?" I ask him.

"No... if I did, I wouldn't have designed it that way." He explains to me.

"Then do it the way you planned to build it." He nods his head walking off but stops as we all look towards the box because the alarm was going off.

"Told you...any day now." I laugh at Chuck.

"Do you think it's gonna be a girl?" Chuck asks, as everyone but us run over to the Box.

"As much as I would love a girl to come up... I doubt it." I laugh as we watch the new guy start running till his legs gave out on him and he tumbled.

"Why are they so rude when we arrive?" Chuck asks as we watch the new guy look at the Maze door.

"They're boys..." I look down at him and he laughs.

The guys put him in the pit so I head over to Alby. "You wanna do this one since I got Chuck last time?" I ask him.

"I'll do this one." He smiles.

"Okay, I'll help Chuck get things for the new Greenie." I walk off with Chuck.