18 || A Way In

"Someone got over their fear of walls." I try to joke walking next to Gally.

"Funny, Elizabeth." He gives me a look.

"So what happened?" I ask wanting to more about how he's been.

"After the maze, I got picked up by a group headed to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up, and they brought me here to Lawrence. This group's been at war with Wicked ever since they took control of the city. But Wicked can't hide behind those walls forever. Day's gonna come, and they're gonna pay for what they've done. Listen, uh, he doesn't get a lot of visitors. So, let me do the talking. All right? And try not to stare." Gally explains to us as he leads us.

As we walk down some stairs we hear a man muttering before he sees Gally. "Gally, glad to see you made it back. Jasper told me what happened." He speaks clearly now.

"It was a slaughter. There's nothing we could do against those guns." Gally tells him.

"No, but they can only poke the hornet's nest so long before they get stung. Now, who are these people? Why are they here?" The man asks.

"We need to get into Wicked. Gally said you can get us through the walls." Thomas speaks up now.

"Gally should know better than to make promises that he can't keep. Besides, that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside Wicked is impossible." The man tells him and us.

"There might be a way now. But it doesn't work without Thomas." Gally lets the guy know.

"Is that so? Do you know what I am... Thomas? I am a businessman. Which means that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?" The guy comes into the light and we see he was turning.

"Cause I can help you. You see, if you can get me through those walls... I can get you what you need." Thomas tells the man.

"What is it that you think I need?" He asks.

"Time. Every last drop." I speak up looking at the bag of serum.

"Is that what I need, Elizabeth?" He asks and him saying my name confuses how he knew my name.

"WICKED has something we both want." I walk up to him standing next to Thomas.

"I'll tell you what. Two can go for now. The rest stay down here with me. Just a little insurance to make sure you find your way back. We have a deal?" He puts his hand out and I look at it.

"Three then we have a deal." I say making him eye me.

"Deal." We both shake hands with him. "Gally, show them the way."

Gally takes us to a sewer tunnel hole and get the latter for us to get down. "You okay?" Brenda places her hand in my shoulder looking at Gally.

"50/50." I tell her the truth.

"Gally, take care of these three." Fry tells him as he goes down first saying yeah. I go down second, Thomas, then Newt.

"This is gross." Newt says as we walk through the tunnel.

"Yeah, this is great." Thomas adds while Gally turns on the power.

"Stay with me. We got a ways to go." He says as we start to walk.

"Hey Gally. How did you end up with a bloody crank as your roommate?" Newt speaks up.

"Actually I owe that Crank my life. When Lawrence and his crew found me, could have sold me back to Wicked, trade in my life for a few bottles of serum. Instead he offered me a place. Said I had something worth living for." Gally tells us.