5 || Believe In Me

"Last time you did something like that, going against Gally, was when you broke up with him." Newt says, making me glare at him.

"He's gotta be put in his place and I have faith in Thomas. He's different." I explain to him.

"Because he reminds you of yourself... the curious side." Newt rubs my shoulders as I sit back down.

"I hate whoever put us here. Why make us go through all this?" I try to calm down.

"Wish I had an answer for that." Newt says as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I believe Thomas will get us out of here." I say what I feel.

"I hope so." Newt says as Clint and Jeff rush in.

"It's the girl." Newt rushes out while I take my time.

I see the guys trying to calm her down as she throws supplies down at them from the tower. Even with me trying to talk to her she doesn't stop till Thomas shows up and she lets him up.

"Did you lose yourself like that?" Minho asks me.

"Dude, I ran straight into the maze and got lost for a few days..." I say making the guys look at me then look away.

"What's going in up there?" Gally asks Thomas.

"Is she coming down?" Newt asks him.

"Hey, listen, you guys just give us a second, okay?" Thomas says so I agree.

"All right. Come on." I tell the guys still standing around.

"Is this what all girls are like?" Fry asks making me slap his shoulder.

"Gally, let's go." I tug on his arm so he turns to leave.

"What's with you?" Gally grabs my hand stopping me from walking away with Newt.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"Letting the Greenie get away with breaking rules, letting him talk to her alone... not panicking about the box not going back down. Wanting to keep Alby tied up to the bed..."

I cut him off, "I am panicking about the Box but I can't let everyone see that a Gally. I'm keeping Alby in here because I can't just throw him in the maze... he saw me when I was super broken and he helped me after me being alone here for a month. And the Greenie's name is Thomas, and I may seem that way to you, but he's the only person who's actually making progress in that maze." I explain to him trying not to yell at him.

"You've known him for two days Elizabeth. How can you trust him so much?" Gally let's go of my hand.

"Because he reminds me of myself when I first got here and I believe he can get us out of here." I huff.

"I can't believe you."

I laugh at him, "This is the main reason I broke up with you."

He raises an eyebrow, "What? You broke up with me because of Thomas? Who wasn't even here yet..."

I slap his chest getting upset, "You're so stupid Gally... Because you never believed in me and my choices I made for the Glade. You always tried to make me do what you thought was best. You have always made me feel like I wasn't good enough to run this place or even be here." I can't help but cry.

"Bess,"

I shake my head at him, "Stop calling me that please. Especially right now." My voice cracks.

"Elizabeth, I never meant to make you feel that way." He brings his hand to my face but I step back.

"If you didn't... you still wouldn't make me feel that way. Especially when you loved me." I laugh with tears in my eyes.