PROLOGUE

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

CAMP HALF-BLOOD:

It was a burning summer evening, their skin sizzled in heat which made their heads
dizzy.

Maybe they did something wrong, maybe some sun God was cursing at them for having an 'easy' Demigod life, but if that was the case, they would be ruling all of Olympus and maybe even make the gods their servants, but that was way too far fetched.

Aaliyah sat up from the chair, stickiness ensured that she was in the most uncomfortable mindset there is.

She looked over to Percy who is having to time of his life, rocking the most bomb tan that'll have all the girls fawning over him, too bad they weren't the only thing he was interested in.

The feeling of serenity filled the air and covered the camp like a soft blanket.

Small wooden cabins surrounded the grounds like it was a little town.

The archery field wasn't far from where some of her cousins were, they heard grunts and clashes from the sword-fighting arena.

Other Demigods were climbing against the wall coated in lava for training, ignoring the slight burns that formed on their limbs, determined to ignore the pain.

The sounds of chants were heard from the amphitheatre, the children of Hades, trying to prove themselves to their father. Harming and almost maiming each other for laughs, trying to earn something that most of the children of the gods rarely received...

Praise.

The stables were full of the most beautiful horses, they stood tall and wide, and although it seemed like they were waiting to be ridden, they were revelling in the feeling of relaxation, as it seemed they never caught a break.

Some of Aaliyah's sisters were training by the sword fighting arena, while her brothers were messing around, not caring because it was the last day of summer.

The trees that wore the colour olive, gently waved side to side, whilst the surrounding lake, merely glistened and blushed due to the attention from the sun's rays.

Aaliyah started to stand up on wobbly legs, only to fall and knock over Percy; they both
look at each other before giggling.

He was her haven and she wouldn't have it any
another way, but even happiness will soon
have its end and there will only be thunder
clouds left in its wake.

Soon all the bright skies will be replaced by a thick cloudy blanket, the summer feeling will disperse, leaving the young demi-God to feel nothing but melancholic madness.

Returning to California to start her sophomore year at Beacon Hills High, didn't inspire much in the Jones girl, she would hang out with the same people, breathe the same air, and have the same pairs of adolescent eyes gawk at her as she walked by.

She didn't want to settle into the same depressing town that was nothing but a beacon for her constant feeling of isolation despite being around people all the time.

Perhaps the reason why she let herself be surrounded by so many people, was to seem content.

Satisfied.

Pleased.

Staying busy helped distract her from the emptiness she would feel when her conscience caught up to her.

She joined cheerleading in freshman year to be part of a group, however, that changed when she became the captain, sadly the distance between her and her teammates emerged and that lonely feeling started to thrive again.