The Battle of Tactics! CH-57 (1/2)

Start from the beginning

"And now, very own school champion,  the incredibly talented trainer who was runner up to our very own Kalos league. And now, two years later, he managed to become Alolan's first ever champion! Ladies and gentlemen, here is Ash Ketchum from Vaniville Town!" He shouts and the crowd cheers even louder.

Just as Sycamore is done talking, electric sparks emerge from the tunnel. Lucario walks out with Pikachu on his shoulder as it has two blue bones in both hands, spinning it. Both have a serious face expression.

Suddenly Pikachu jumps up and Lucario launches a Aura Sphere right after it. Pikachu swings his tail and Launches an Electro Web back, catching the Aura Sphere. Both moves Explode into sparkles, right infront of the tunnel as Ash comes walking out. Both Pikachu and Lucario land next to their trainer before making it to their trainer box.

"I helped them with that move!" Serena says proudly, making Gary, Dawn and Shauna to look at her.

"Really? It looks really cool and would work perfectly for a showcase!" Shauna exclaims.

"Thanks Shauna! But there's a lot more Ash has to offer! We've practiced a lot and I can't wait to see it!" Serena says with a wide, happy grin on her face.

The whole crowd silences after a couple of minutes and the referee starts to talk. "This battle will be a 3 on 3 battle. Both trainers are allowed to substitude pokemon and this battle is over when one sides pokemon are unable to battle. Are you both ready?"

Both Ash and Sawyer nod in agreement. "Bring out your first Pokemon!" He shouts and right at that moment, both Ash and Sawyer throw their pokeball forward.

"Go Salamence!"

"Noivern, I choose you!"

Both pokemon land infront of their trainer, letting out a powerful and dreadful cry as they stare at eachother.

"Two big dragon types!" Iris squeals in excitement.

"Noivern against Salamence! This is certainly an interesting matchup as they both have a history together!" Clemont exclaims as he sits on the edge of his seat, looking at the two pokemon with enthusiasm.

"Really? When and who won?" May asks, looking at Clemont.

Clemont turns his head to her. "It was at the Kalos League. They drew but Ash ultimately won thanks to Greninja." Clemont explains.

"I've been waiting for this battle a long time Ash and I can't wait to show how much experience we've got now!" Sawyer says determined.

Ash smiles. "So am I Sawyer, you're not the only one who has become stronger since the last time we met!"

"Battle begin!" The referee announces.

"Noivern, use Boom Burst!" Ash commands, pointing his finger towards Salamence.

"Quick! Intercept it with Flamethrower!" Sawyer shouts, pumping both of his arms down.

Noivern leaped into the air before it releases a beam of powerful soundwaves from it's ears which fly directly towards Salamence. The Dragon Pokemon however also jumped up and releases a powerful jet of flames from it's mouth.

Both attacks collide, causing a small explosion to occur. Ash and Sawyer smile at eachother before calling out their next move.

"Dragon Claw!" They both yell in unison.

Both cry out once more as their claws start to glow green before flying with high speed at eachother. From the stands, the only thing they can see is are a blue and black blur charging at eachother.

Both pokemon are trying to overpower the other but to no avail.

"Quick! Acrobatics!" Ash commands.

"Salamence! Block it with Dragon Tail!" Sawyer tries to counter.

Green aura surrounds Salamence's tail in the form of scales as it charges up it's next move, Noivern is outlined with a blue aura as it flies zig-zagging through the air towards Salamence. Just when Noivern is about to hit, Salamence strikes hard with it's tail, causing another cloud of smoke. As the smokecloud still hangs in the air, two pokemon drop to the ground.

"Noivern!!" "Salamence!!" Both trainer shout as they watch their pokemon plummet into the ground.

_______________________________________

Hi everyone! First of all, a thank you for all your support during this story. I love to read all the positive comments and to see that you all enjoy it as much as I do makes it so worth it! This battle will be a two chapter battle and I hope you like it that I picked Noivern and Salamence as the first battle.

For now enjoy this one and I'll see you guys on Tuesday for the 2nd part of this chapter!