32

Four years later.

"Von!" Kaisyn laughed, holding around his neck tight as he spun her in a circle.

"Ima knock yo ass out. Hurry the fuck up." He smiled, placing her down on her feet.

"Boy bye. I already said I was ready. Go and make sure the kids ready." She waved him off, and he chuckled, walking out of their room.

Kaisyn added a few more things to her suitcase, before zipping it up. She pulled it off of the bed, dramatically sighing, out of breath already.

"Mommy!" Dayana ran in the room, her younger brother right behind her, making Kaisyn laugh.

"I still can't believe my fast ass got two of y'all. Y'all are useless." She shook her head, squatting to hug Dayana who was wrapped around her legs.

"Useless?" Dasani repeated, and Kaisyn nodded.

"Don't be teaching him that shit Kais." Von said, walking in with August in his arms, asleep.

"I woke him up a whole hour ago." She frowned, rubbing over his forehead to make sure he wasn't sick.

"Nigga was up til 6 this morning on the game." He shook his head, and she chuckled.

"Dayana go and get snacks for you and Sani. Only 4 each, okay?" Kaisyn instructed, looking down at her four year old daughter.

"Okay mama. Sani come on." Dayana pulled him out of the room, his small frame waddling behind hers.

"I'm so upset my baby got legs like you. Sani be walking like he Shamar or somethin'." Kaisyn dramatically sighed, before laughing as Von mushed her head.

"We don't walk like no damn Shamar. That nigga walk like it hurt." He said, passing August to Kaisyn, and then grabbing her suitcase off the bed.

"Oh, and you don't?" She smirked, and he waved her off, pulling her suitcase out of the room.

August began to stir in his sleep on her shoulder, and she looked at him, kissing his cheek.

"Hi handsome. Do you feel okay?" She asked, watching him stretch.

"Yeah. We leaving?" He questioned, and she nodded, placing him on his feet.

"Go brush your teeth and then go pack some snacks in your bag so we can go." She told him, fixing his dreads.

She kissed his cheek, and then he ran off to do what she asked.

Four years ago, right after Kaisyn gave birth to Dayana, Von took over the rights of August, becoming his primary guardian. Then two years later, Kaisyn gave birth to Dasani.

Kaisyn and Von loved their little family. Kaisyn didn't really want any more kids, she thought the five of them as a family were perfect. But if Von wanted more, she wouldn't necessarily mind.

Before Dasani was born they'd moved into a brand new house, one that they'd actually had built from the ground up. Kaisyn was in love, it was her dream house and she was so happy that she was able to raise her kids in it.

She walked out of their room, yawning as she watched Von load the kids in sprinter van, and she smiled.

"Dasani Ima beat yo fucking ass if you hit her again. Stop letting him punk you out Yana." He chuckled, buckling them in their car seats.

"He got Cheeto fingers!" She shrieked in disgust, making August laugh.

"So." Dasani frowned, letting his dad clean his fingers with a baby wipe, and then his mouth.

Kaisyn locked the front door, making sure they had everything, before climbing in the van with Von, and then the driver pulled off.

She crossed one of her legs over the other, shaking her head at the kids who all had their AirPods in, on their phones.