11

Two days later.

Kaisyn wore a hood over her head with a pair of dark shades as she walked into the studio building.

She kept her hands in her pocket, walking inside the room that had Drew's name written on it, ceasing a conversation between him and Toosii, who she wasn't expecting to see here.

"Wassup Yani?" He smiled, wrapping his arms around her in a hug.

"Hey Na." She mumbled, her soft voice hoarse, and he frowned.

"You crying?" He reached to remove her shades, and she stepped back.

"Nah. I'm a lil sick." She chuckled, dapping Drew up, who she had eventually forgave.

"Right." Toosii nodded, not believing her as she walked in the booth, closing the door behind her.

"Play that beat I asked for Drew." She said in the microphone as she pulled the headphones on.

The beat began playing, and she waiting to sing the hook.

"So many things going on inside my life. So many things I wish I can turn into right. See where I'm from, its not that easy to survive; everyday another murder, another homicide." She sung, closing her eyes.

"If I'm being real, I rather die before I try to fake it. And ima keep, reaching for my destination. Its gone be hard cause the world is full of temptation; But I ain't scared cause my brother taught me how to face it. And I'll be standing here, ready for any situation."

"I lost my homies to the hood and my closest to the streets. I'm so tired of seeing caskets all I wanna see is peace. Lord please, won't you take me out this struggle shit, make me a better woman help me get hella rich." She sung, pulling away from the mic.

"Run it back." She cleared her throat, before listening to herself sing through the headphones.

Toosii watched her, seeing her normally fair toned face a light shade of red. She had her hair thrown up into a bun, wearing a pair of spandex shorts and an oversized hoodie.

Her voice was melodic, flowing smoothly on the beat. Kaisyn knew how to sing very well, but she stuck to rapping because she like that more.

She wasn't feeling rapping right now though. She always spoke real shit, but with this song, she wanted to talk that shit foreal.

Kaisyn was so tired. So tired of being strong, lonely, so tired of grieving. She was tired of it all, and it was very evident.

She just wished she could get over it. And she was actually going to try this time. She was going to try to let her past go, she wanted to be healthier. It would just be a very slow start.

"Say Drew, can you give me a few minutes with her real quick?" Toosii asked, and Drew nodded, walking out of the room.

Toosii walked in the booth, and Kaisyn looked up as he stood in front of her. He slowly pulled her shades off, revealing her puffy, dark red stained eyes.

"Kaisyn, damn girl." He wrapped his arms around her, and she sniffed, tears flowing down her face.

"Man I'm so tired of this life shit. I'm so fucking tired bra." She softly cried, and he rubbed her back.

"I'm so tired Nana." She mumbled, holding around his neck, sniffling.

"Sit down, come here." He pulled her with him to the couch, the two of them sitting down, and he intertwined their fingers as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"You can talk whenever you want. We got time." He rubbed her hand, resting his head on top of hers.

Kaisyn slowed her breathing down, trying to put together her thoughts.