31

Next Day.

Von stood on the side of Kaisyn's hospital bed, looking down at her body.

She looked as if she was peacefully asleep, and he hoped that she was. She'd slipped into a medically induced temporary coma during her surgery.

She'd been shot in the left side of her chest, but the bullet hadn't exited out of her body, so during surgery, they had to remove it so that it didn't hit and damage her spine.

She was lucky to still be alive, but Von felt the luckiest. It was still a slim chance that she wouldn't make it, but he kept his faith in her. She was strong, and he knew that she would come back to him.

He'd never felt more hurt in his life. Even when his brother and father died, this beat that hurt more than a thousand times.

He'd never loved anybody like he loved Kaisyn before. And to see the person he loved most laying in a hospital bed, fighting for her life, was more painful than anything.

To an extent, he felt like this was his fault. Kayla and Asian only wanted to hurt Kaisyn because she was with him.

He wished that the two of them would've remained private, back when it was just them two who knew what they had going on.

This wouldn't have happened, and Kaisyn would've been at home, in the bed with him and cussing him out instead of laying in this hospital bed, unable to breathe on her own.

Von rubbed over her stomach, hoping to feel his baby kick. He just wanted a sign that the two of them would be okay.

The news of Pumpkin still being alive inside of Kaisyn gave him a slim glimpse of hope. But the only way Pumpkin would be able to survive, was if Kaisyn survived.

It was up to her to come back, the doctors had done all that they could for the both of them, and Von couldn't have been any more grateful.

He wished that he could turn back time. He should've done a better job at protecting her like he'd promised to. He should've stuck with his gut and left her home while he handled it.

All that flowed through his mind was what if's and should've's. He was beating himself up, blaming hisself for Kaisyn getting hurt.

Although she was rough around the edges, she was perfect to him. Despite the things she'd done in her past, all the bad shit, she was so perfect to him, everything about her.

He was so in love with her, that sometimes it surprised him. He wanted everything to be perfect for her, all the time. No matter the sacrifices or risks he had to take, as long as she was happy that was all that mattered to him.

It still blew his mind that he was actually with her, and this deep in love. From their different, yet very similar pasts, he wouldn't have ever thought she'd be his 'one'.

Kaisyn was like a drug to him. She was his fix, what he took to calm his nerves, to become happy and high-on her love. He needed her more than she knew, more than anybody knew. She was his addiction.

Tears fell from his eyes, now sitting in the chair next to her bed with his hand intertwined with her, resting on the soft cushion of her bed.

He felt like it should've been him. If he could, he would switch places with her in a heartbeat, no doubt about it, he'd take her place if he had the choice.

He never wanted to see her in pain, ever. And he felt so bad that this was what was happening right now, just a few days after their gender reveal.

Days that were supposed to be filled with happiness, celebrating the fact that they were having a baby girl, despite Kaisyn wanting a boy so bad.