◌ೄ

.   °. •     。

nick runs his fingertips over bruised skin, inspecting it in the wide mirror above the headboard. he's fascinated. he's never seen so many hickeys on a person before. there has to be at least half a dozen on each side of his neck, stretching from just below his ears all the way down to his collarbones.

he looks ridiculous. he looks like an injured animal full of bite marks. but despite that, he feels his heart fluttering as he keeps admiring them. luke did this to him. he made every single one of these marks. they all have a deeper meaning. when he touches them he remembers how good they felt, how every single one sent jolts of pleasure through his body.

"maybe i went a little too crazy last night."

nick turns around, spotting luke in the doorway. he's carrying a tray, chuckling at the way nick is positioned in front of the mirror.

"i like them," he shyly admits, adjusting the collar of the oversized white tee that luke offered him.

although very faded - presumably from years of wear and washing - it does have a print. it reaches down to his thighs, and it's wide too. the pair of boxer briefs however, fit snugly around his hips. he doesn't know how to feel about being bigger than luke in... that region.

"i like them too," the blond boy smiles, "you look so pretty like that."

nick quietly sits back down in bed, pulling the covers over his legs so luke can put the tray down in his lap. the treatment makes him all giddy and childlike. he's never been spoiled like this before.

there's the bowl of cereal he was promised, a spoon to eat with, a glass of water, and - to nick's utter delight - a big, mouth-watering blunt, just casually laying beside the other items. luke notices his excited stare and swiftly grabs his hand to stop him.

"that's the dessert," he scolds, "and no dessert before we've talked."

nick jokingly pouts, picking up the spoon and digging in, not wanting the cereal to get soggy. his phone vibrates on the nightstand, but before he can react luke takes it and climbs into bed with it.

"what are you doing with my phone, dumbass?"

he doesn't answer straight away, instead proceeding to read whatever notifications are shown on the lock screen.

"mhm.. sadie, huh?"

oh shit.

"what?" nick exclaims, "what did she say?"

"she's called you like ten times and texted you even more."

oh fuck.

"did you ditch her at prom, you asshole?" luke snickers.

yeah he did. he promised to come back and be social, dance with her and have fun. but instead he vanished without a trace.

"dude, it was your fault," nick scoffs, visibly embarrassed.

"my fault? it was way more your fault."

luke glances at him skeptically, one eyebrow raised.

"okay, shut up, whatever.. just tell her i'm sorry and that i'll talk to her later," he mutters.

"what's your code?"

"uhh, all zeros."

luke facepalms, spamming the number.

"you're the biggest idiot i know."

nick doesn't even take offense to that. he knows he's an idiot. always has been.