. °. • 。

"i'm so fucking sick of everyone's bullshit! every time they have even the tiniest fraction of a problem they come to me, like i'm some goddamn saint or something!"

luke pets his hair, holding him in his lap patiently until he's calmed down.

"i take it your day's been pretty shit?"

"it's been fucking ass."

nick sighs, finally relaxing into the other's touch a little.

"i just needed a hug, bro."

"so you came to me to get it?" luke chuckles, stroking his cheek, "you were so touch starved that you had to come to me? that's cute."

nick slaps his hand away, grunting out of frustration. this is what he gets for deciding to always run back.

"fuck you dude, i don't wanna hear it."

"i just think it's funny, don't you know how many girls you've got chasing after you? you could pick and choose whichever one you want-"

"i said i don't wanna hear it!"

he flies up out of luke's lap, staring down at him furiously. he looks so pathetic as he sits there, cross-legged on the cold bathroom tiles. nick could kick him with full force from this angle and it would all be over, but he holds back.

because it's luke, after all. it's always luke.

"chill, i'm just saying," he smirks, "you can come to me however much you like, i just want you to realize how many options you've got. like that girl sadie, she's down so bad for you man."

"and how would you know that?" nick scoffs, "you don't even hang out with me outside of here."

"people talk. i know her ex, i know his friends, i've been close with some of her friends. i hear things."

nick raises a doubtful eyebrow, because luke can never be trusted. but his words seem genuine enough this time, so maybe..

"and you wouldn't get jealous if i copped her? right? right luke?" he teases.

"i don't give a fuck what you do," luke shrugs, "i've got a million girls after me too, it's no different."

nick taps his foot against the floor, stuffing his hands down his pant pockets. it's quiet now without any music, almost eerily quiet.

he was hoping to get at least some kind of reaction out of that, even if it was only a subtle head turn, but luke remains as nonchalant as always. it messes with him.

why is it that the idiot can stay calm and composed even while being provoked? it's unfair. nothing ever seems to bother him. nothing ruins his poker face, except for those smug smirks and occasional smiles. or when their fights get a little too intense.

nick looks straight down into blue eyes, narrowing his own hazels before speaking up again.

"so why don't you just get a girlfriend then?"

luke huffs. it sounds like a restrained laugh, as if nick just asked him something really dumb and obvious.

"i stay single by choice," he answers bluntly, "now come sit if you wanted your hugs so badly."

nick gives in with an eye roll. arguing is pointless. he'd rather cuddle than waste more time being petty.

he drops to the floor, spreading his thighs apart so that they're on either side of luke's lap. it earns him a little grin of unknown origins, and a quick peck on the cheek. curious fingers run through his hair again.