.   °. •     。

awesamdude:

wya

pandas:

in your mother

awesamdude:

wow so funny

where r u fr

pandas:

i'm like right outside

awesamdude:

ok the door is unlocked u can just come in

we're upstairs

the gravel crackles under his shoes as he treads up sam's driveway. neatly trimmed bushes line the path, making it obvious that someone in his family is into gardening. the front lawn is so perfect that it looks like it could belong to one of the houses up in the hills.

on the porch is a small statue of a sleeping cat, bought some twenty-thirty years ago in a flea market according to sam. it's seen better days for sure; part of its left ear has broken off and it's now a dark gray color instead of the original bone white. but it holds a certain charm to it that's irreplaceable, which is probably why it has remained in the same spot for so many years.

nick kicks off some dust on the doormat before entering the familiar house. a green day song is playing on high volume inside, no doubt coming from sam's room.

despite being so moody earlier he feels a twinge of excitement as he dashes up the stairs. nothing in life is as good as being surrounded by your best homies, and to think he almost missed out on it because he wasn't listening to what clay was saying in school.

the hallway upstairs already reeks of weed. nick doesn't understand how sam's parents are so chill with their little smoke sessions. they're never anything other than pure chaos.

laughter echoes from behind the closed bedroom door. it's got a few scratches and holes in it from a mix of teenage rebellion and sibling rivalry. nick clears his throat before pulling the handle down and stepping into the hell on the other side.

"how dare you guys start without me?"

the boys are all sitting in a ring on the floor, legs crossed. magazines, plastic bags and lighters are strewn everywhere. the air is thick with smoke despite the open window, and it smells like herbs, sweat, and hormones.

they all turn their heads when nick struts in, but sam is the first one to fly up off the ground and greet him with a proper hug.

"nick!" he chants, as if the shorter boy's arrival is the best thing that's ever happened to him.

"sam!" nick replies, happily jumping into his friend's welcoming arms.

"how are you buddy?"

his hair is ruffled and his cheeks are pinched. he feels like he's a child back at grandma's again, but because it's sam he lets it slide.

"i'm good, what's up with you?" he chuckles, "you're acting like you haven't seen me in months."

"i'm just happy you're here man," sam grins, and he's about to say something more when he's rudely interrupted.

"no, you're just high."

the boys erupt into laughter. sam raises an eyebrow, looking over his shoulder to find the source of the comment.