. °. • 。

"nick?"

what if he just stops going to the secret bathroom for good? but on the other hand he found it first, and practically claimed it as his own. it isn't fair that he should have to leave.

should he talk to blondie about it? that would be useless though, because the stubborn bastard would refuse to give it up and find some other spot. no amount of arguing and convincing would make him go away.

it's such a fucking perfect place to sit down and light a quick spliff in. vibe to some music, relax, then go back to the main building. he doesn't wanna let it go. he really doesn't. but that blondie isn't good for him. he wants him gone fast.

"nick? are you there?"

harvey shakes his shoulder, bringing him back to reality.

"what?"

"i was talking to you!"

"oh, 'm sorry," he mutters.

the three boys around the table look at him questioningly.

"is everything alright?" clay wonders.

of course clay would be the one to ask first. he's way too caring, and nick acting amiss for the past few days won't exactly change that.

"yeah, just tired," he lies.

"you're always tired dude."

it's his go-to excuse for whenever he looks down or doesn't listen. what else is he supposed to say? tell the whole world about his conflicting thoughts? about his little problem in the shape of a hot, six foot tall senior?

no shot. everyone would think he's gay and a freak. he's not about to hit a new low just before the end of high school. he's come so far.

"whatever, what were you talking about, harvey?" he asks to try and divert the focus away from himself.

"i just wanted to tell you how nice it is to have you here with us for lunch today," harvey smirks.

"oh come on, this shit again?"

laughter breaks out around the table. sam nearly spits water all over his food.

"give me a break, man..." nick whines, "i do whatever i want during my free period."

"like getting fucking baked every single day?"

"yeah? i don't get why you guys keep making fun of me for it? you can come with me if you want, i'll share, no need to be jealous.."

"it's just cute, little stoner nicky," harvey chuckles, reaching across the table to pinch his cheeks.

he flinches and slaps his taunting hands away, mortified at the treatment.

"oh my god," he grunts, "you're so annoying!"

using his quickest thinking he grabs the glass of orange juice by harvey's plate, tipping it out over his food.

"what's wrong with you?" harvey exclaims, jumping out of his seat to avoid getting the juice all over him.

"your fucking fault for starting this," nick mutters.

"what did i even do?"

clay watches them argue with a raised eyebrow. as the most mature individual in their brain dead friend group, he's got a hard time understanding why.

"you're being an idiot."

"i was just messing with you!"

at this point their escalated bickering has drawn a decent amount of attention to them. it's not uncommon for the boys to squabble, so no one in the lunch hall really bats an eye when nick gets up.