the sound of skin colliding with skin steals away our attention, including the travelers. and with that, i slide my fingers across the tables surface and tuck the travelers betting treasures into my palm. two rings, pins, a jade bracelet that most definitely does not belong to them. druigs eyes burn like embers as the fight stops abruptly, replaced by a false sense of brotherly love. i spin him back around, looking at him.

what happened to not interfering with humans?

makkari simply smiles, arms crossed and leaning back as she watches. she told me once that druig and i are her favorite story, and that may be the best thing i've ever been told. so of course i must put on a performance for her. "what happened to no stealing?"he lifts my hand up, untucking my fingers to reveal the tiny goods. "ah, i see. now we've got some conflict, don't we?"he asks teasingly. i pull my hand back, tucking the goods into my side satchel.

you don't tell, i won't tell.

i'm not sure i can even count the amount of things we've concealed from ajak, keeping them inside our thoughts. "deal."he says. with a grin i lift my chin, he blushes, mirroring my actions. "speaking, of dirty secrets."he says, looking down at me. "i believe i've found the perfect spot for a new and improved latibule."he says. makkari moves from her place, reclaiming the artifacts.

i found it.

she signs, disappearing. but i know that she's not bringing the artifacts back to their proper places, she's adding them to her gorgeous collection. "let's leave these ones to soak in the embarrassment,"he says, looking at them for a second. i nod in agreement, moving with him through the party. phastos looks to have really gotten off with the humans, one of them even pulling out papyrus paper and beginning to map out phastos' words.

sprite, they're putting on a glorious show for the humans, one of the creation. creation of earth, though not with the add ins of it just being another trial planet that we're waiting to fall. instead, she's out a unique spin on it. one where somehow i've ended up being the main piece. kingo watches in the audience, eyes full of awe as the golden light illuminates his face.

i can see how bright his future will be. once we split, as it's inevitable, i know he will go on to do great things in the human world. he's everything that commoners are not. he's dramatic, he's humorous, he's confident. sprite, he'll be an author, a storyteller that will be filthy rich. druig takes me down with him, slowly with a grin as he tells me to join the audience. sersi comes in, a smile still on her face, short of breath from her night of dancing, face flushed from consuming a bit of wine.

"enjoying the show?"she asks softly. kingo, with a menacing smile turns around and shushes her. sersi places a hand over her mouth to conceal a laugh that's just begging to be released. the night ages slowly, stars bright in the sky, galaxies painted in the darkness. beautiful, peaceful. everything that i want in life. everything that i will have. the weight of druigs head rests on my shoulder, smiling at me. "lost in thought?"he asks.

not lost.

"ah."he says, resting his eyes with a low huff.

"go and join them,"ajak says, standing next to ikaris as he watches the group. his hands grip the structure lightly as he watches, studying the illusions, admiring how his fellow eternals watch. and when his irises move, an unsure emotion held within them, they fall into a particular couple within the audience. one where a raven haired boy leans against the delicate shoulder of a red head. for some reason, one that he couldn't identify, he is drawn to them. to half of the couple, at that. "i cannot."he replies. ajak watches him, following his gaze to the lovely couple that stayed mostly private. unless they were in the eyes of groups like this, humans that watched them so shamelessly. "ikaris, you must confront these problems you are facing. you are lying to yourself about your feelings for brelione, is it possible that you are projecting these feelings onto sersi?"she asks. he doesn't reply, stares down at the group, watching the illusion that he tries to make sense of without narration. makkari returns, placing something in the lap of brelione. ikaris almost says something, how she and brelione go around wreaking havoc, stealing and pulling pranks, how it's unnecessary. but wow, he loves it. he loves the little rush of excitement that courses through him when they return with new things, the silent agreement amongst them all to not say anything about the petty crimes, the way he laughs so very hard when kingo finds flowers grown into his shoes, when phastos finds himself being followed by a large family of ducks with irises invaded by a soft green. there's nothing that he loves more than their trouble, it lightens the darkest of days. and something about breliones relationship with druig is so pure within his mind, so special, something that deserved to be untouched by the toxic hands of others, hands that belonged to him. and he didn't trust himself enough to be around the couple, so he stays above them, watching. "perhaps."he says.

A/N: hope you guys loved the chapter!!! also, i got some messages asking if you guys are allowed to make edits of  brelione and druig. and i cannot even tell y'all how much i would love that!!! feel free to make edits or art or anything like that. and make sure to tell me because i'd love to see it!! XOXO-H.