Pulling a loose twig out of my hair, Peter leaned down to kiss me once more before rolling off to the side. He held me close to him as he did during the night. I couldn't help blushing at the way he looked at me with so much affection in his eyes that were once again an emerald shade. "Lydia, I do not believe I could ever get enough of making love to you at any time, day or night." Peter's words made me feel giddy and I giggled, replying, "If only... We can't stay here forever, though. We will need to get dressed and go back home soon. "Hush! Not yet, my sweetness. Just let me look at you like this for a little while longer." I smiled and giggled again before kissing him. We continued to lay facing one another on the blanket surrounded by grass and wild flowers with our limbs intertwined. The forest began to wake with the sounds of the different animals, birds, and insects going about their everyday life with not a care at all about our christening blissful disruption in nature.

Knowing I was Peter's bride, life could not get any better. Moments later, my thoughts drifted and I came to the realization that I was human and Peter was a vampire. "Why the sudden frown, Lydia?" "Oh, it's just... I remembered that you are going to remain the same forever, and I.... I'm gonna grow old and die," I answered, feeling a bit depressed by that fact. "Hey.... Look at me," he said as I buried my face in his chest. I looked up into his eyes again as he continued to say, "Lydia, do you honestly believe I care about that?" I responded by saying, "Well... no, but−" "No buts! I love you and have you as my wife and partner in this life. Nothing is going to change how I feel about you, no matter how many years pass by. You are mine forever, you understand? That's all that matters," Peter stated, trying to console me. I nodded my head in reply and he planted a light kiss on the end of my nose, which made me grin with contentment. He then lifted my chin to gently kiss my lips before letting me go and getting up to gather our clothes scattered on the ground around us. I stretched my legs, which were a bit sore, yet I felt a restful satisfaction after making love more than once with my gorgeous dark angel. I smiled as I watched him, feeling utter happiness with Peter. I couldn't get enough of him either, but I knew we couldn't be intimate all the time. There were other important things in our life as well, and important people.

After the two of us got dressed, Peter gathered up the picnic basket and blanket and carried them as we walked back home. When we arrived Lorie was swinging on her playset in the garden. Drogo, Nicolae, and Victoria were all sitting together at a table on the terrace. I watched Lorie swing high and jump out of the swing in midair to land on her feet perfectly fine . "Wow! Lorie, that was amazing! I used to do that when I was a child, but never from so high in the air," I complimented her. Smiling, she ran up to give Peter and me a hug, but then with a pouty expression on her face, she said, "You both didn't come home last night." Peter gave her a sympathetic grin and responded by saying, "I had to ask Lydia a very important question." "Like what?" Lorie asked with her arms folded across her chest. Peter knelt down to ask her, "How would you like it if Lydia was to become a sister to you for real?" "What!?! Yes! Yes, I want a sister!" Peter and I laughed and he showed her the ring he gave me. Lorie squealed and jumped for joy. "What do you say we go and show this to everyone else?" I asked her.

Lorie grabbed my hand and yanked me as she rushed to the terrace steps, almost making me lose my balance. Out of breath by the time we reached the table where everyone sat, Lorie pulled my arm out in front of her to show off the new jewelry band I wore on my finger. "Look! Look! Lydia is going to be my sister!" she announced. Drogo laughed at the state I was in and stood up to come around and hug Peter, who had just walked up to stand next to me. "Way to go, brother! I am happy for you... And you too, sis!" Drogo finished as he ruffled my hair on top of my head. "Uhh... thanks," I said in reply after swiping his hand away, not really happy about having my hair messed with, which made him laugh. Both Nicolae and Victoria smiled and stood up from the table to give each of us a hug. Nicolae spoke up as he held my hand, saying, "Peter chose well with this ring. Congratulations once again." "It certainly is a gorgeous design. Is there a significance for the style and gemstone?" Victoria asked. "Peter knows me well enough to know I love nature and the emerald amongst the diamonds is both my birthstone and the color of his eyes," I answered while smiling at Peter. His eyes sparkled when they met mine and he returned my smile.