Chapter- 17 can I call you sister

Start from the beginning

"Who is Sanjay?", she asked while sitting on the chair on my office.
"He is just a normal friend", I sat beside her and said.

"A normal friend", she mumbled suspiciously.

"Yeah, leave about him and say how the things are going on with your research", I changed topic.

We chatted for a while.
"I am hungry lets go for lunch I called Chitra, she is also coming", said Vedha.

"I am going out for lunch, pay attention to the patient who is in ICU", I said to my junior before going.

"Ok doc", he replied.

When we reach to parking lot, Chitra is already there, waiting for us.
Vedha hugged Chitra and they exchanged plasentaries.

We went to a small restaurant near our college. we used to go to there when we were in college. We are familiar with that place and the owner. We sat down at our regular place.

"How are you? Long time no see", owner’s wife asked happily as she came to take order.
"We are fine aunt", I smiled.

"What do you want to eat", she asked excitedly.
"Bring us regular", Vedha said and aunt left.

"Who is Sanjay?", Vedha asked Chitra.
I coughed lightly... "he is just a friend Vedha", I exclaimed.

"Why are you lying Sanvi? If he is a normal then why are you so nervous? You are trying to hide him from me, ok fine, you don’t see me as a friend then why would I be here I will go", she roared and stood up to go.

"Ok wait, I will tell you", I said nervously and She sat down with a victory smirk.

Our food served, like always food is delicious. we talked about our college days while eating.

"Now tell me about Sanjay", Vedha asked curiously soon after completing the food.

I given her, you don’t forget anything look and started explaining. She is listening quitly without making any sound. After I finish speaking she laughed loudly and said finally the one entered your life.

"No Vedha, I don’t love him. I am not ready", I said hesitantly.

"You are saying you don’t love him when just talking about him making you blush", she teased. This time Chitra also joined with Vedha and started teasing me, "look at your face in the mirror, it is red like a tomato with blush".

"You two stop teasing me", I roared.
"You know about my past right and I am not ready for this relationship", I said sadly.

"Stop Sanvi, don’t think like that, every one has a right to be happy irrespective of their past, please try to be happy", Chitra confronted me.

"Give him a chance may be he is Mr. Right for you and about your past it is not your mistake and no need to worry. If you tell him about it, he will understand", Vedha said.

"No, I am not ready to share with anyone. what if he judge me by my past? What if he leaves me alone after listening?", I remarked as tears are threatening to fall.

"Is he a jerk", Vedha howled aggressively.

"No, he is not. he is a true gentleman. He is the king of Saho enterprise. he is not a jerk", I defended.

"See, you agreed that he is a good person then give him a chance", Chitra said nonchalantly.

"After I meet him in person I will tell, is he a gentleman or not", Vedha smirked.

"Abhi said they are planning a dinner on this Friday evening. I think Sanjay already invited you right", Chitra said playfully.

"Then we three go together", I suggested. They agreed.

After that we part our ways Chitra went to studio where as Vedha and I went to hospital.
She is also a doctor in Saradhi hospital but we are from different departments. she is a psychiatrist and I am a neuro sergon.

"Doctor Sanvi, Director asked you to meet him", my junior Kiran, informed me.

"Ok", I replied him and head towards the director office.

I knocked the door of director’s office
"come in", he permitted.

"Come doctor Sanvi have a seat", he said pointing at the chair in front of him.
I sat down obediently.

"You asked me to meet what’s the matter director", I asked him.

"You can call me professor Sanvi. Before the director I was your professor and you are my favourite student".

"Yeah professor", I smiled brightly.

"Have you remember doctor Shreyan", he asked me.

"You are asking about the senior Shreyan. Yes I remember him", I replied.

"Do you know him? "

"No, I don’t know him personally but I heard a lot about him", I replied.
"and back in university you always told me about him too", I shrugged.

"Ok, he is going to work here from tomorrow onwards and you have to follow him. He will be your superior and head doctor of our department", Professor informed me.

"Ok professor", I replied.

"And one more thing arrange meeting on tomorrow morning to introduce doctor shreyan".

I nodded and exited his office.

I am doing evening rounds observing patients.

"Hi Adhitya, how are you feeling. is everything alright?", I asked Adhitya.

"Yes doctor", he replied.

"When can we take him home", one of his friends asked me.

"You can take him home tomorrow after completing discharge procedures", I replied.

When we turn around to leave Adhitya called me, "doctor can I ask you something", he hesitated.

"Yes Adhitya, you can", I assured.
He glanced at my junior and nurse nervously who are following me.

"You two go and check on other patients, I will join you shortly", I said to them and they left.

"Why are you nervous what you wanted to ask me", I asked him gently.

"Doctor, can I call you sister", he said hesitantly.

His eyes full of water he looked pity. I don’t know why but seeing him like this, I felt sad. I nodded at him unknowingly then I asked him why?

"You are looking like my older sister who passed away. Especially your eyes reminding me of her", he cried.

"Do you miss her", I asked controlling my emotions.

"Yes I miss her so much", he said wiping his tears.
"You can call me sister, ok.. but don’t cry it doesn’t suit you", I smiled at him.

"Ok sister Sanvi... thank you for accepting my request", he said and
I smiled gently.

I would have had a similar brother if that accident had not happened.

I couldn’t stop my tears thinking about that accident.

______________________________________

Hello beautiful people😍

How are you? Hope you are doing fine...❤

Do you like the chapter? If yes then please go ahead and vote And comment your thoughts and suggestions 💕

Bye for now...💜