chapter 1

*maddie*

On my birthday uncle ray had decided it was a great idea to tell me that stupid henry hart was his sidekick not me! thanks uncle ray for ruining my wonderful birthday!! henry hart. whenever i though or heard or saw this kid the same memory repeated in my head. i just dont understand why i couldnt have been his sidekick. maybe because uncle ray is sexist. ok i highly dote thats even true. because charlotte works for ray too!

"hey maddie" i heard someone say. ugh it was henry.

"what" i ask him.

"nothing i was just saying hi" he tells me.

"dont even bother hart" i mutter and and leave for my class.

i had forgot that henry sat next to me in like half of my hours. He comes behind me and sits down to the chair next to mine. he runs his hands through his hair for like the 5th time. I grumble and take out my homework for math class.

"Oh shit Uh maddie did you do the homework" henry asks me.

From the looks of it he didn't do his homework. In fact the last time he's ever done a whole homework assignment was like 10 years ago.

"Yeah why did you forget to do your homework or let me guess left it at home" I taunt him.

"Look maddie I know this is like the millionth time but can I copy your homework again" he asks me.

"Yeah whatever but in one condition you'll quit your job" I whisper the last part.

"What noo I'm not doing that ok maddie why don't you just talk to Ray and get a job there" he says playing with his pencil.

"Ugh like he's ever gonna listen" I hand him my assignment and he quickly copy's it down.

"Ok class take out your homework" our teacher Mrs. shapen said.

"Thanks maddie" henry said and gave mine back.

~~~~

It was lunch now and me, Charlotte and jasper where headed to lunch. then I see henry and his stupid face walk up to us. it looked liked he ran a marathon when he came panting to us.

"Guys I've got great news" he tells us.

"Ok but make it fast" I say.

"Maddie" Charlotte glares at me.

"I love buckets" jasper says out of nowhere.

We all look at him and just shake our heads.

"So I was telling you I'm taking Chole on a date" he announced.

"Oh great even she fell for you" I mutter.

"What do you mean maddie" he asks me.

"Never mind hart lets just go to lunch" I grab Charlotte by her arm and we run to lunch.

The only reason why we sit next to each other at lunch still is because uncle ray might call us at anytime, and henrys wiz watch doesn't work so he has to get a new one. did I tell you my birthday was last week? Now continuing...

"So uh what's up" japer asks us.

We were all pretty uneasy about this. jasper had no idea that henry was kid danger. if you think about it he is a lame kid danger.

"Well I better get going I'm gonna ask Monica on a date" jasper gets up and leaves.

"Like that's gonna work" Charlotte laughs.

I laugh along with her. henry starts to laugh too but I stop. I will never be his friend. was I ever his friend? Maybe. but not anymore. Suddenly my phone started to ring.

"Whose calling you" henry asks me.

I glare at him and check my phone. it was uncle ray. he said to get to junk n stuff fast.

"Henry we have to get to junk n stuff" I tell him.

"Ok come on Charlotte jasper is gone too" henry says.

Me, Charlotte and henry quickly get to junk n stuff. We go down the elevator. but since I've live in the man cave for a long time I got use to the 90 feet drop but henry and Charlotte didn't. so whenever they went down they both scream like a girl. and one time henry fainted! When we got there uncle ray is dancing with layline. it was a horrible sight.

"Uh uncle ray you needed us I mean them" i point to henry and Charlotte.

"Actually I'm glad you came I need you too" uncle ray tells me.

"You need me" I ask him.

"Yeah uh henry can you come over here" he signals henry to come to the corner he's standing in.

"Ok I'm coming" he brushed passed me.

I wonder what he wanted to talk about