Chapter Three: What the Hell Just Happened?

Start from the beginning

I shook my head. "No, I wouldn't have wanted you to do that, either."

He smiled at me, and ran his thumb over my markings again, making me shiver a little.

I looked up at him. "But then how did you figure out the missing numbers?"

Hoseok looked up to Jungkook who stepped forwards from where he was still standing back by the student desks, and showed me his wrist, where there was the 8 and 1 that completed my phone number. I blinked, then grabbed his wrist with my free hand and pulled him closer so that I could see it better. He gasped lightly when I touched his mark.

I looked up at him, completely confused. "H-...How?"

Jungkook shook his head, his eyes on where I was touching his wrist. "We don't know. As far as my parents have ever told me, I never received the elixir. I was born in the back of my dad's car, on the way to the hospital. Even though they went straight there, since I wasn't actually born there, they refused to give it to me. There was a shortage at that time, or something."

"Well that's stupid," I said and he shrugged at me. "But then how is this possible?"

"We really don't know," Hoseok told me. "We had the same questions for the first couple of weeks, but then we decided that it must just be fate."

"Fate?" I asked him. "I don't really believe in fate."

"You got the Elixir, but you don't believe in fate?" Jungkook asked me. "Isn't the whole point of it to help fate along?"

I shrugged, looking up at his big, beautiful doe eyes. "I guess. And I used to...but I've had my markings for nine years, and nothing ever came of them. I thought maybe I was glitched. Who gets two markings?"

"Somebody with two soul mates," Hoseok told me with a smile. "Surely you have to be coming around to fate a bit after today, Yeobo. How else do you explain all of us being on this ship at the same time?"

"Umm...an essay contest?" I asked. "And what did you just call me?"

"Yeobo?" Hoseok asked me and I nodded. He switched to English for a moment. "In English, I think that it's umm...like 'honey' or 'darling'. It's just a term of endearment." He ducked his head and blushed. "Mostly because when you introduced yourself earlier, I was distracted by your markings, and I missed your name."

I looked up at Jungkook and he just nodded in agreement.

I got up off the desk and smiled at them, then held out my hand to Hoseok, switching back to Korean. "I'm Mairette Carter. It's nice to officially meet you."

"Jung Hoseok," he said, taking my hand with a smile. "Ummm....to be clear, in Korea, we say our given names last."

I smiled at him. "I know, it's okay, Hoseok. I understood. It's not like I don't know your names already, anyway. I've been with your group all day, and I just saw you give a really amazing concert."

Still, I turned to face Jungkook and offered him my hand as well. He shook it, but didn't let go. "Jeon Jungkook." He looked at our hands for a moment, then he tugged and pulled me into a hug again. This time, I hugged him back. Jungkook reached out for Hoseok's arm and pulled him into our hug, making us both laugh.

After a couple moments of enjoying the hug, I pulled back to look up at Jungkook. Both guys weren't much taller than me, but just a little bit.

Jungkook was blushing again. "Sorry..." he told me.

I shook my head and smiled at him. "It's okay, Jungkook. I'm excited to meet you, too." He gave me the beautiful bunny smile that he was famous for, and this close, it was just about enough to drop me to my knees. Good Lord, this man was insanely attractive. They both were.