One

September 1868

Yoongi rubbed his left shoulder with a wince, the area having grown stiff during the long overnight journey, as he took in the bustling town the carriage had dropped him off at. It was a little bigger than Namjoon had made it seem in his letter, but Yoongi was comforted by the fact that the alpha had also made sure to highlight that his farm was about a half hour's horse ride from the town, meaning he could avoid socializing too much. He was forever grateful to his best friend for that letter, an invitation to come live and work on his farm as it helped him to get away from his parents. It wasn't that they were terrible, but they were definitely overbearing, especially after his injury from the war three years prior.

Speaking of his best friend, he could see the alpha making his way through the small morning crowd along with a familiar omega and three not so familiar pups. "Jesus, Joon, you've been busy since you moved out here." He commented just before the other alpha pulled him into a greeting hug. "Those are definitely not any of the triplets I remember."

"There's not a lot to do during the winters here." Seokjin, Namjoon's mate, joked as he took his turn hugging Yoongi with one arm, as the other was busy holding the youngest of the pups with them. "These are Misook, Minjoon, and Seojoon." Seokjin then introduced the pups from oldest to youngest.

"Oh, yeah, you were this little last time I saw you." Yoongi held his hands just a few inches apart as he spoke to Misook, his exaggeration of her previous size making her giggle.

"It's really good to see you, Yoongi." Namjoon said as he grabbed the shorter alpha's luggage. "Three years is far too long." Yoongi hummed in agreement before following the couple to their horse and cart, Seokjin already rambling about everything that had happened in the past three years.

After the war, farmland began to go for really cheap all across the region, and Namjoon and Seokjin had jumped at the opportunity to claim a territory for their already growing family, resulting in them leaving the community they had grown up in with Yoongi. And due to their farming duties--and apparently pup duties--plus Yoongi trying to recover from his injury, they hadn't gotten the chance to see each other or even communicate outside of the occasional letter.

"...and everyone's coming over for a big welcome dinner tonight." Seokjin stated as Seojoon began whimpering in his lap and tugging at the collar of his shirt.

"Who exactly is everyone?" Yoongi asked, politely averting his gaze as Seokjin exposed his breast to nurse his pup.

"The couples from the neighboring farms and our other farmhand." Seokjin explained. "The Jeons have a grain farm 15 minutes north of us, and the Parks raise livestock and produce dairy about 20 minutes to the east. And you'll love Hoseok, he's the one you'll be sharing the cabin with that we told you about."

"And why are they all coming over?" Yoongi inquired.

"We've kind of formed a little community between us." Namjoon informed him. "Especially Seokjin and the other omegas. And you know Seokjin's been talking about you coming nonstop since we got your letter, so they all wanted to meet you tonight."

The ride didn't last much longer as they came upon rows of almost ripe cotton, soon arriving at a decently sized farmhouse with more crop fields in the distance, a few fruit trees out back, and a large garden along the side. In the front, the two sets of triplets that Yoongi remembered-although they were much bigger now-chased around a few chickens while a male came around the back with a basket of peaches. "You made it back!" He greeted, alerting the pups to the fact that their parents were back.

As the pups rushed over to get hugs and kisses from their parents, the alpha introduced himself as Hoseok. "Well, how about I show you to the farmhand cabin so you can get settled, and then I can introduce you to the farm."

"Oh, let me fill you up a tub with some warm water." Seokjin then insisted, and Yoongi attempted to reject the offer. "You've been traveling all night, and don't act like that shoulder isn't bothering you." Knowing that arguing with Seokjin would result in nothing, Yoongi agreed with a sigh, allowing the omega to draw him a bath.

The alpha couldn't deny the almost instant relief he felt when he sank into the tub of hot water Seokjin had boiled on the stove for him, closing his eyes in relaxation. The water was nearly freezing by the time Yoongi finally forced himself out of the tub. He quickly dried himself and pulled on some work clothes, ready to go find Hoseok to get started in the fields. Just as he was about to leave the cabin, tinkling laughter had him stopping in his tracks. It wasn't Seokjin's distinct laughter, nor was it Namjoon's deep chuckles. And unless Hoseok's voice got really high pitched when he was amused, it probably wasn't him. Whoever it was, their laugh was like music to Yoongi's ears. He opened the door and froze once again, his inner alpha going crazy at the sight of the omega laughing with Seokjin.

This omega was quite possibly the most beautiful omega Yoongi had ever laid his eyes on, with a button nose, soft cheeks, and plump lips, his eyes practically nonexistent from the bright smile on his face. His inner alpha was screaming at him to go and introduce himself, maybe even bow his head in respect before figuring out who he needed to talk to in order to get permission to court him. But the rational side of Yoongi recognized the scar on his neck and the pup currently propped on his hip, so he swallowed down his instincts and carefully exited the cabin.

"All refreshed?" Seokjin called out once he spotted Yoongi, causing the other omega to turn to look at him. Something that Yoongi couldn't recognize flashed briefly in his eyes before a soft smile spread across his face. Yoongi nodded, rubbing his arm shyly. "This is Jimin, from the Park farm I told you about. Jimin, this is Yoongi."

"Nice to meet you." Jimin said, and Yoongi quietly returned the sentiment. "Well, I should get going. Gotta get this one down for a nap," he lightly bounced his pup, making him laugh, "and get started on lunch so it'll be ready when Jihoon comes in." A scowl briefly appeared on Seokjin's face but was gone just as fast. "Thanks again for the peaches. I'll see you at dinner." Seokjin bid Jimin goodbye as the omega walked off with his small basket of fruit, glancing at Yoongi one more time before he disappeared down a barely visible path in the trees.