Seven

As if it didn't already hurt having to see Jimin with his mate on a regular day, the holidays just made it worse. Yoongi's wolf was constantly howling in agony at all the moments Jihoon got to share with Jimin during Christmas and New Years with the other couples, knowing that it was Yoongi who deserved to be by Jimin's side. The distance seemed to affect Jimin too as the omega made even more of a point to pull Yoongi somewhere private after the Christmas and New Year celebrations the families shared, even giving the alpha a belated kiss to bring in the new year, saying that the one Jihoon had forced on him didn't count.

And then the end of January took a turn for the couple. They were gathering the last of the good pears for the season, giggling and stealing tiny kisses whenever they found the chance, when Jihoon suddenly appeared from the tree line. "Jihoon!" Jimin quickly put some distance between himself and Yoongi, still holding the basket of pears Yoongi had been filling up so Jimin could take it to the house. "I didn't realize you would be coming over after your trip to town."

"I need to talk to you." Jihoon stated curtly, his tone having the omega tense already. Yoongi watched in concern as Jihoon pulled Jimin to the side to talk to him. The omega's face morphed between shock, worry, and eventually...excitement? At least just in his eyes, and Yoongi wasn't sure if Jihoon even noticed.

"I'm sure Yoongi wouldn't mind." Jimin's voice suddenly travelled over, making him furrow his eyebrows as the omega led Jihoon back over to him. "Jihoon has to go away for a few weeks, and we were wondering if you would like to help me at the farm a bit, make sure the animals stay taken care of." Yoongi knew Jimin well enough to know that the omega could handle the animals by himself, but the glint in Jimin's eyes told him more. The omega's gaze showed his eagerness for the possibility of extended alone time at the Park farm with Jihoon being gone for whatever reason.

"I'd love to." Yoongi agreed without much thought, feeling his heart rate pick up a bit as Jimin smiled, barely hearing Jihoon thanking him.

By the time Jihoon left, there wasn't much to do on the Kim farm other than basic repairs, feeding the animals, and preparing for the possibility of a snowstorm that usually came during January or February if it was coming at all. Therefore, Yoongi didn't waste time getting through his responsibilities before announcing that he was headed to the Parks' to assist Jimin.

"Be careful." Namjoon called out to him as he headed off, but the other alpha's tone had him pausing and looking back at him with a raised eyebrow. Namjoon then sighed. "We all hate Jihoon, but he is still Jimin's mate." Yoongi's eyes widened a bit as he realized that Namjoon knew about them. Meaning Seokjin definitely did. Did everyone know about them? And for how long? "Jihoon doesn't know." Namjoon must have seen Yoongi's internal panic that was now calming drastically after the confirmation that Yoongi wasn't at risk of being murdered by Jimin's mate. "But you two still need to be careful."

"We are." Yoongi assured Namjoon, giving him a tiny smile before heading off to Jimin's farm.

***

"And now you squeeze..." Yoongi spoke softly to Woojin as he showed the four-year-old pup how to milk the cow in front of them, Jiwon already working on the cow next to them. "Gently because you don't want to hurt her, but firm enough to get the milk out.

It took Woojin a few tries before he successfully got some milk into the buck, at which point he squealed in excitement, smiling brightly up at Yoongi. "You're much nicer than our Daddy." The six-year-old pup spoke up from next to them. "Normally he yells at Woojin and then Mama comes and yells at Daddy and then he yells at Mama." Yoongi offered Jiwon a small smile but didn't respond otherwise. What was he supposed to say anyway? 'Yeah, your dad's an asshole.' Not exactly the impression he wanted to give to the pups even if it was true.

Once the milking was done, Yoongi told the pups to go play and have fun while he brought the milk to the kitchen. Jimin was standing on the side porch just off the kitchen to watch the pups play, and Yoongi didn't even bother trying to resist the urge to kiss him. "Well, hello to you too." The omega giggled as Yoongi set the bucket of milk down on the porch. "I don't think I've ever seen them so happy." He hummed as Yoongi wrapped his arms around his waist, hugging him from behind while pressing soft kisses to his cheek. "They really like you."

"I'm not even doing that much." Yoongi mumbled as Jimin glanced back at him with a smile. "I just let them run around like pups."

"Trust me, it's a whole lot to them." Jimin turned back around, this time gazing up at the sky as his nose twitched. "Snow is coming, probably by lunch time." Yoongi hummed as he pressed a couple of kisses to Jimin's neck, mouth hovering over his scent gland without ever touching. "If people aren't too careful, they might get stuck somewhere instead of safe at home."

"Stuck, huh?"

Jimin nodded. "Possibly for a week or longer. Depends on how long it takes the snow to melt enough to be able to travel."

Yoongi hummed. "So, you're saying I should probably start making my way back?"

"Unless you want to be stuck here with me and the pups with nothing to do but stay inside all day." Jimin's scent turned sweeter as he smiled back at the alpha once more.

"Yeah," Yoongi said softly warmth spreading over his body at the thought of being snowed in with Jimin and his pups. "Wouldn't want that..."