Twenty-Six: Confessions (2/2)

You saw something that you weren't supposed to. You found something you weren't supposed to. You came to possess something you weren't supposed to. You know too many things you weren't supposed to. I think it's pretty fair to say that you're fired. Don't even think about setting foot on this company's property again. Oh, and we've got a parting gift for you: a certificate of insanity! This will ensure that you'll never work in this country again. For the sake of our company, it would be safer if you were killed, but a certain executive has decided to spare you. Have a fun time, away from the US of A. Go re-invent yourself, find a new passion. Oh, and don't forget: if you spill any company secrets, we'll kill you.

*Sean POV*

HOW!?

HOW!?

HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I snapped back to reality and processed what the hell just happened. How the hell did Daisy remember anything? How come I don't? Am I really that much of a lightweight? Did Daisy actually just agree to marry me?

My brain raced at a million miles a minute, trying to keep up with what the hell I'd just been told

It took me a solid 8 seconds to realize I was pinned on the ground and half-naked.

Welp, this isn't safe for work.

*Zander POV*

Makin' my way downtown!

"In 1 kilometre, keep left to stay onto highway 400 north" The GPS blurted out.

"Did this thing really have to interrupt the song for that!?" I asked, angrily.

"Don't yell at the GPS, I need to focus on the road. These drivers are insane!" My step-dad, I mean dad chided.

Sometimes people ask why I call my step-father 'dad'. I think it's only right to call him dad because he's the only father I've ever known. I'm an angry person, not a shitty one.

Anyways, My parents, Bethany, Luke and I were all headed up to Sudbury for the next two weeks, mostly to see my grandparents. We were also heading up to Sudbury to get away from all the Drew bullshit. Hailey had to stay back so she could be 'coached' by the crown lawyer dude who was in charge of trying to send Drew to prison.

We still had a good few hours to go on the drive and I had just stopped driving and let my dad take the wheel at the last rest stop. I felt extremely tired, I needed some rest.

My vision got blurry, I planted my head on Luke's lap and instantly passed out.

*Few hours later: Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada*

I got jolted awake when the car came to a sudden stop.

"AH! WHO'S THERE!" I yell.

"Calm down, Zander. We're here." Luke assured.

I got up and analyzed my surroundings. We were in some subdivision for sure, and definitely at my grandparent's house. They had wind chimes, dream catchers and garden nomes out in the front, making a deafening noise. The scent of freshly baked mediocre chocolate chip cookies filled the air.

I haven't been here in forever, and there's a good reason for that. Granny Austin was a military general, she doesn't screw around. Grandpa Austin, however, was a relatively unsuccessful entrepreneur who got kicked from his own establishment and the US because he found something he wasn't supposed to. He's a househusband now.

The Austin household has always been flipped on its head and borderline chaotic. Everything devolves into petty arguments, Luke won't survive 10 seconds.