Seventeen: Recovery

And I took that personally-

*Sean POV*

A week later...

I couldn't get over that night.

I couldn't stop seeing Sadie's dead body on the floor of that parking lot.

I couldn't sleep.

4 AM. I got out of bed and decided to start the day the best way I knew how: Caffeine.

I made an extremely strong cup of instant coffee, washed up, drank a disgusting can of redbull, ate an eggo waffle and got out of the house. Luckily for me, my parents were out of the country so I could have a nice, relaxing, sleep-deprived Saturday. I quickly burned away 5 hours of the day binge-watching new releases on Netflix.

And that's when Daisy called me.

"Hello?" I said, my voice like a zombie.

"Hey Sean, are you okay?" Daisy practically yelled through the mic.

Energetic as usual.

"Uhh, I'm fine... Why?"

"Oh, nothing! I just wanted to come over real quick!"

"Okay, sure. When do you plan on coming?"

"Now."

"Okay, see you!"

She hung up on me.

In about 10 minutes I got a knock on my door. 

Daisy.

I answered the door.

"Heeeeey girlfreiiiiiiind!"

*Jake POV*

Idunno the Audino is dead. Dead to a single power-up punch, how sad.

Anyways, back to actual life! Oh no, actual life...

For the past few days, I've been playing video games and spending time with Hailey and really doing anything else other than letting my brain think about that night. I just can't deal with it, I need to be distracted because ignoring your problems is always better than facing them.

Right?

"Jake, you should really stop playing Pokemon now..." Hailey said, snapping me out of my thought.

"Yeah, I know, but-" I was interrupted.

"No buts."

"Fineeee," 

I closed my laptop and glared at Hailey for a good few seconds.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Eat, Drink, Sleep with or without you and do it again until school is back open." She stated.

"Great idea! Let's go drink some milk tea."

"I'm not going anywhere, just order it," She said as she rolled her eyes at me.

"Okay then!"

I ordered the milk tea then plopped myself down on my bed and waited. Hailey sat down with me and grabbed my hand. I'm too focused on my thoughts to care about that though. All I see is Sadie's dead body falling to the ground and oh god the blood, it was everywhere. 

"Jake? You okay?" Hailey snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just..." I trailed off.

"Just what?"

"I can't get over that night..."

"None of us can get over that night, but we need to focus on the good things in our lives, Jake. We can't just sit around and be sad all day!"