Twenty-One: Au Revoir

I hope this song is nostalgic for the 1 Canadian reader.

*Nobody POV*

"HE'S CODING PEOPLE!"

Alarms started blaring, the heart rate monitor was flatlining, and I was scared shitless. 

A doctor hurried me out of the room and doctors and nurses started swarming the hospital bed. I stared in disbelief as I saw them work tirelessly to save his life.

"CHARGE TO 200!"

"Clear."

There was a shock, a few beeps, and a bit of hope. In the end, the monitor was still flat, the alarms were still blaring, and I was re-scared shitless.

"Resume compressions, more epi!"

Two weeks earlier...

*Sean POV*

The fact that we're still going amazes me.

The fact that the competition was pushed into the summertime is even better. July 1st, in the afternoon. We'd be part of a Canada day performance in downtown Toronto. It's like a dream come true!

Then we got hit by a winter storm, the strongest one in years.

And it's in April.

What actually happened is that a huge storm froze up and started raining hail, snow and slate everywhere, destroying cars, trapping people and causing general calamity.

Lucky for me, Daisy and I were trapped inside her house while her parents were doing whatever absent parents do. We were bored out of our minds though, the power was cut off,  cell towers were down and our phones were on low battery.

At that moment, we only had each other.

So we did the only natural thing, play monopoly and consume alcoholic beverages.

*6.9 hours later*

I don't feel like it.

Daisy tried to console me after my epically bad performance and absolute dream speedrun into bankruptcy, but I decided to just go to bed.

Alas, Daisy had other plans. Said plans involved the sussy and the big bad

So go away! Milly has some spare time, go bother her or something!

*Milly POV*

The fourth wall of my backyard shed got destroyed by the storm, can't wait to deal with that!

As for now, I need some fucking coconuts. 

I headed to one of the hundreds of sketchy plazas in North York that just so happened to have a South Asian grocery store to get some fucking coconuts and assorted spices. The place was cool, smelt like incense and I truly felt like I was in an Indian grocery store...

I got my fucking coconuts, assorted spices and Magi brand noodles, walked to checkout and saw a familiar face. An Asian girl, 5'4, black hair, the same girl that warned me about Drew. 

The random person I owed my life to was just standing there, acting like she didn't own an assault rifle and numerous bullet-proof vests. 

I checked out my stuff and followed her out. She had to have a solution for our 'yandere Drew' sitch.

"Okay, you've been following me for the past 15 seconds, what do you want?" Said the girl, whose name I remembered is 'Hailey'.

"I-uh just wanted to thank you for what you've done for me and my friends." I lied.