Nineteen: Treat Burns With Water.

Listen to the advice of Health Canada my heckers.

*Jake POV*

And there I was. There. With a knife at my throat.

It's only been three months goddamnit, how is my life already in mortal danger. How fucking fun.

Hailey looked at me with wide eyes, clearly too nervous to say anything. She didn't hear what Drew said beforehand do her concern for my life is understandable I guess.

I knew Hailey got some pepper spray after the Drew incident, but I doubt she'll be able to get it out of her backpack quick enough. 

At that moment, I knew I didn't want to lose her. Ever. I couldn't let Drew lay a finger on her.

For some odd reason, I had a romantic ephipany.

Three months before...

Last practice we'd decided to name our album future album 'A Healthy And Balanced Diet' since we needed to create an album to be able to enter the competition in addition to creating the pieces we'll perform. 

How stressful.

We decided that our original song would be written by Hailey and me yet again, so I guess spending time with her is the silver lining here.

There is a lead lining though, Drew has continued to evade capture and sent a threat stating that if we compete, he'll torture us and murder us.

How graphic and fun! Just like Mortal Kombat.

I plopped myself on my bed, trying my best to sleep early, but I got a call. I picked up my phone and it was Hailey.

"Hey, Jake? Are you free right now?" She asked as soon as I picked up.

"Yeah, why?"

"I need some... Help." She sighed.

"What do you need help with?"

"I need your help to make the song dipshit."

"OH RIGHT! I'll be right there!"

I totally forgot about my responsibilities to the only extracurricular activity I do.

I rushed over to Hailey's house, praying to the gods of Zander's emotions that he wouldn't scold and physically assault me. I eventually made it there in 15 minutes, a new record. I rang the doorbell and to my absolute relief, Hailey answered.

"Come in."

*Sean POV*

Now I have to make a beat. Or two. Or three. Or four.

Why the hell do we need to make an album?

I know full well I can't make this on my own... I guess I need some backup. So, I called Daisy.

"Hey, Daisy? Can you come to help me make some beats?"

"Sure! No problemo!"

I lied in bed for around 10 minutes, then I heard Daisy pull up in the driveway. I went down and let her inside.

"Hey, how are ya?"

*A few hours of work later*

"KILL ME!"

"Are you sure that you don't want to sample a beat? I mean, this is getting ridiculous. 6 hours on less than half of this beat."

"Eh, we'll get it done."

*Two weeks later*

We got it all done, all six beats, all original, after two whole weeks.