Four: Fall Hard

Oh, look. A normal chapter. I got bored and decided to develop the characters, kill me.

*Jake POV* 

After what Zander said, I hoped that security footage was altered or something. Turned out, it wasn't altered. The entire club (Except for Hailey who has been absent for three days... I'm getting kinda worried about her...) ended up seeing me lashing out at Drew and him screaming back to me about being a liar. In the footage, I looked like I'd seen a ghost.

"So... I guess that Mr.State Farm wasn't lying after all," said Zander, which surprised me since he's had trust issues with me since day one and has ALWAYS REFUSED to say I was right.

"So, you're saying I was right Zander? You're saying I'm trustworthy? ARE YOU SAYING YOU HAVE A TINGE OF RESPECT FOR ME??"

"No. I'm not saying that. DON'T BE A FUCKING IDI-"

"Alright I'm going to gag and bind Zander here, be back in about a minute!" said Luke.

Luke then proceeded to yank Zander out of the room while pressing his hand against his mouth.

"Are they gonna-" I said

"You're not finishing that sentence unless it's a death sentence," said Milly, with obvious anger in her voice.

"Damn, chill down Milly! I wasn't even gonna say anything?" I replied.

"Uhh guys, we still need a song for the competition. I know that we all decided that Jake and Hailey should work on it, but she's been si-" 

"It's fine Sean, we've made so much progress!"

"If you say so..."

In reality, Hailey and I had made ZERO progress. We needed to get something done, so I decided to go over to Zander and Hailey's house... Zander answered the door:

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE PEACH PU-"

"WHOA! LANGUAGE! I'm here to work on the song with Hailey"

Zander gave me the death stare. I was paralyzed in total fear...

"Okay, sure. Go work on the song."

"Uhm, okay then. Can I go inside now?"

"Sure. Sure. Sure."

Why did he let me off so easily... Maybe he was just in a good mood. I walked into the house, it looked like your average house, nothing out of the ordinary... Except for that huge wall of instruments. I wish I had that...

I went upstairs and walked to the door that had Apple stickers all over it. I automatically assumed it was Hailey's, I opened the door.

"Hi~"

"Hello, Jacob... Do you have a death wish?"

"Wha- no, I came here so we could work on the song..."

"I feel like dying, I'm sick as hell and Zander won't stop being happy. It's starting to get creepy. Why would you think I want to work on a song? You clearly came here to die."

"Well, Hailey, we need to work on the song or else we'll have nothing to practice and nothing to perform."

"I guess your right... Fine, we'll work on the song. I hate it when you're right"

"I'm always right, princess. I promise you won't regret this!"

She glared at me and rolled her eyes, her cheeks turning a light shade of red.

Wait a minute, why the heck am I analyzing her face? 

What's this funny feeling?

So, we started working on the song. Lucky for us, Hailey had one of those cheap electronic keyboards in her room, as well as a guitar, so we could sound out the song as we wrote. We played and wrote for hours and hours on end. It was the most fun I've had in a while. and we eventually had a good 3 minutes of beautiful music.

"S-should we run through it?" I asked her

"Nah, I sound like Mother Gothel crossed with the Grim Reaper right now. Maybe we could all do it as a club when I get back?"

"Yeah, sure..."

"Well, see you tomorrow?"

"U-uhm yeah, sure. Get well soon!"

I left the room. I ran downstairs, then I ran out of the house. Those few hours writing the song with Hailey... I got a feeling, an intense one. I was completely immersed in just being there with her. Why did I stutter... I never get nervous around her. I would do anything just to feel that way again. 

CHAPTER END

A/N: Damn Jake fell for Hailey faster than Usain Bolt ran the 100m dash.