Twenty-Five: Murderer Drew

*Sean POV*

Once we got home, the butterflies in my stomach were doing a full dance routine. I've been practicing it for a while, just asking one simple question...

One simple question that will shape the way my life goes, how fun.

I slipped into bed before Daisy could even get out of the shower and passed out.

*Next Day*

I woke up to the scent of bacon and burnt eggs. 

Yep, this is the weekend.

I groggily made my way downstairs and found Daisy struggling to cook eggs.

"Uhm, you want a bit of help with that Daisy?" I inquired

"Please, help!" She squealed, her face fully flushed from sweat and embarrassment. 

"Alright, let me show you how it's done..."

After making our eggs, we sat down to eat a nice, classic and hearty Sunday morning breakfast. Everything was going well, I felt at peace...

Naturally, everything had to go off the rails at that exact moment. I got the scariest phone call of my life.

My phone rang in my pocket and I answered, it was Zander.

"Hey, Zander. What's up?" I answered casually.

"JAKE AND HAILEY ARE MISSING! COME HERE NOW!" Zander screamed, both scared and livid.

He hung up the phone and I looked Daisy in the eye.

"Jake and Hailey are missing..." I told her.

*At Zanders House*

"EVERYONE, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW?" Zander demanded.

"Nothing." We all replied.

Zander looked at us, then at the window, clearly panicking.

"WELL THEY'VE GOTTA BE SOMEWHERE-" Zander was interrupted by Milly's phone going off.

She slowly reached for her phone and answered it on speaker.

"Hi, is this the 'Pink-Haired'... Never mind, are you Milly from blocksville secondary school that lives at XXXXX?" The dude on the other line asked.

"Yes?" Milly replied.

"Ah, great! Well, my name is R-, uh I mean Lion  and I regret to inform you that your peach-haired  and teal friends have been kidnapped by the yandere dude." The guy said, supposedly 'Lion'

"Yeah, we kno- WAIT THEY'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!?" Milly asked.

"Doesn't matter. What does matter is that we know where they are, but we can't get there right now so-" Lion was cut off by some rustling on the other end of the line.

A new person came on the phone, someone I recognized...

"Hey! Sorry for my friend there, he likes to get straight to the point... Anyways, we've located your friends, but it's up to you guys to go grab em. We're currently in Detroit so, yeah." The new girl said, who I recognized as the other Hailey. My old friend.

"WHAT! Can you send the address?" Milly asked, seeming a bit shocked.

"Yep, texting it now... All right, I'm gonna go now! Oh, and one more thing, how are ya doin' Sean? Did you get your head? Ah- sorry, it's urgent, bye!" other Hailey said as she hung up.

We all sat there and stewed in what had just happened. We now knew where they were and how to get there.

"Okay, the address is XXXXX! Let's go!" Milly said, enthusiastically.

"WAIT! We need some weapons before we go confront Drew!" I exclaimed, attempting to ensure our survival.

"Hm, Sean's right. There are a few pistols my dad has at my house." Daisy said as if she was talking about a chemistry textbook.

Yeah, we're gonna need a plan

*Later*

After I yelled at everyone, we decided to take a more calculated approach. Assuming Drew has a weapon, we disarm and beat him, it's a foolproof plan.

None of the pistols had any ammo, so we decided to use knives instead. Every single one of us had a knife and were ready to stab the shit out of Drew. Armed with our knives, we got into Daisy's car and began driving to the address we were given.

Once we arrived, we found a warehouse. It was only 7 pm and yet the warehouse looked creepy as hell.

We all crept to the front entrance of the warehouse and slowly opened it. What I saw inside was unsettling.

I saw Jake and Hailey on the floor, bound at their ankles and hands bound behind their back. Drew pistol-whipped Hailey in the face, a stream of scarlet dripping from her nose. Drew then pressed the barrel of his gun to Jake's head.

"GET AWAY FROM THEM DREW!" Zander yelled, completely and utterly enraged.

"Oh, I see the overprotective brother and the crew of FREAKS have come to play, how EXCITING!~ Oh, I can't wait to kill all of you!" Drew beamed.

Zander pulled his personal knife, a swiss army knife he'd apparently had from the first day of grade 9. He walked towards Drew and so did the rest of us.

"HAHA! Do you STUPID FREAKS actually think you'll live? BAHAHAH! HOW PATHETIC, YOU MIGHT AS WELL STAB YOURSELVES NOW!" Drew continued.

We only moved closer.

Zander then ran towards Drew at full speed, attempting to stab him, but he dived down and slid past Drew, barely scratching his leg.

Then, some music started playing somehow, a tune I recognized from an ad.

♪♪ I found my thrill ♪♪

"YOU'RE A DEAD MAN ZANDER!" Drew yelled as he shot his pistol, missing Zander by a substantial amount.

♪♪ On blueberry hill ♪♪

"STOP! DON'T KILL HIM!" Hailey screamed.

♪♪ On blueberry hill ♪♪

"FUCK YOU BITCH! YOU STOLE JAKE FROM ME, NOW YOUR PRECIOUS BROTHERS GOT TO DIE, THEN YOU'LL GIVE MY JAKE BACK!" Drew clapped back.

♪♪ When I found you... ♪♪

"THEN KILL ME! DON'T DRAG ZANDER INTO THIS! HURT ME YOU FUCKING PUSSY!" Hailey demanded

♪♪ The moon stood still ♪♪

"Drop. The. Gun. Leave him be." said Luke. 

He looked over at Luke, this was my chance. 

"MILLY, GO!" I said. 

She understood what I meant. I lunged at Drew, praying that Milly would come from the other side.

♪♪ On blueberry hill ♪♪

He was in shock for one second, that was his downfall. 

♪♪ And lingered until ♪♪

"DON'T EVEN TRY!" He screeched.

Drew tried to point his gun at me, but Milly grabbed his hand. I ran full speed at him.

I punched him twice.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

The gun had gone off, nobody was injured, and Milly had the gun. Drew was unconscious.

♪♪ My dream came true... ♪♪

"Holy shit. Someone, call the cops..." I said.

"Who, What, When, Where, Why and How?" Jake asked, completely out of it.

All of us aside from Hailey looked at him.

"I-I don't know," Luke said.

FIN

I know, anticlimactic. There are still 5 (maybe more) chapters of this fic left, though. They'll probably be longer than average to pack in more stuff.