Twenty-Two: Better Days.

*Milly POV*

*Two weeks prior*

"That is fucking psychotic," I told Hailey Two.

She thought that putting Sean out as bait and surrounding Drew would actually work. Sean could die!

At the same time, Drew didn't seem too inclined to kill those two officers and he definitely seemed to 'regret' killing Sadie. 

Reluctantly, I decided to tolerate Hailey Two's psychotic plan.

*Present*

The doctors were yelling, we were all hurried out of the room and everything was chaotic.

"CLEAR!"

Sean was shocked a second time. This time, there was steady beeping on the machines and the doctors and nurses looked relieved.

"Sinus rhythm."

"I've got a pulse."

"Alright guys, he's back. Move out!"

The nurses told us that we were allowed back into the room. After that scare, I felt a sense of impending doom, like everything and every one good in my life could be whisked away at any moment by the cruel hands of fate...

I should probably go to therapy.

*Two weeks slater.*

It's insane to think that in just 17 short weeks, Sean will be 75% recovered and we'll be performing... On the flip side, 17 weeks is a long time.

Some idiot could probably get a lot done in 17 weeks, knock someone up, marry them, divorce them, the works. 

But, I wanted to spend these 17 weeks practicing my SICK GUITAR SKILLS and living life.

So much. For that.

*Daisy POV*

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone..."

"I can see all obstacles in my way~"

"Gone are the da-ark clouds that had me blind..."

"It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright, sun-shiny day!"

Every day better be good.

Sean has been recovering from his gunshot wound well and was sent home last week. He's still pretty weak, but he can definitely get it up, that's all I'm saying!

Anyways, he finally felt like going out today.

I got helped Sean get his shirt on and we left for Square One Shopping Centre, the second largest mall in Canada.

I would've rather gone to the Eaton Centre, seeing as how I've nagged Sean to go there for weeks and it's a short subway ride away, but noooo Sean said he needed to pick up something urgently from Square One, so I didn't bother arguing.

After the gruelling 1 hour sitting in traffic with seemingly no end, the roads finally cleared up, and we were able to get to the goddamn mall.

Once we arrived, Stacy was also there. I hadn't seen her in a few weeks, so it was nice of Sean to invite her.

"Well, you two can catch up, and I will go do my shopping!"

Just like that, he ran off.

*Sean POV*

I have no idea what I'm doing. 

I walked into the Swarovski store and went up to the lady at the desk.

"Hi, I'm here to pick up a ring?"

"Name?"

"Sean Everett from Toronto?" I flashed the lady my ID.

"Let me check- Here it is, sir."

"Thank you!"

I stuffed the ring in my backpack and shadily walked out of the store.

*Jake POV*

Today is my driving test, too much stress.

Sean got shot last week and I couldn't postpone, this is the last driving test available in Orangevile for months! I am stressed out of my goddamn mind!

Luckily the driving test was easy as pie.

I just had to drive. On roads. It really wasn't difficult.

I got home, my ego having doubled in size and saw Hailey sleeping in my bed.

"Hey, Hailey. Do you want to wake up?"

"Ugh... Fine!" She whined as she got out of bed.

"I passed my test... You want to go celebrate?"

"Hm... Sure!"

"Well, your attitude changed real quick."

We got dressed and went to go touch some fucking grass.

*Zander POV*

Why am I here? For reasons.

No, the real reason why I'm at celebration square, a good distance from my house is that I'm volunteering to get some extra hours for my diploma.

For some reason, I chose to spend 5 hours with these incompetent 14 year olds and it's getting SO FUCKING TIRING!

I. Hate. This.

All we did was put tents up, put down some tape and bring out foldable tables.

5 hours of this bullshit. By the time I was able to go, i just wanted to grab a bite, so I headed to the nearest mall, Square One Shopping Centre.

I spent fifteen minutes finding a parking spot and another fifteen minutes getting into the food court, how fun. The food was pretty good, the sushi was great and the tempora was fried to perfection.

While I was enjoying my decadent dessert, bubble tea, I was interrupted by Daisy from school.

"Hey, Zander!" Daisy exclaimed, scaring me shitless.

"AHHH! What do you want!?"

"I want you to help me find Sean. I've been looking for a good 30 minutes."

I knew exactly one reason why Sean and Daisy would come here and I knew exactly why Sean came here.

"Try the place with the jewelry stores. He mentioned some sort of gift?"

"O-Okay! Thanks, Zander!" She stuttered as she ran off.

Well, so much for sitting in peace.

*Hailey POV*

After Zander called us and practically forced us to come to the same mall as him, we took the long-ass drive and found a parking spot after half an hour.

We met up with Zander at the food court and I could already tell that he and Jake had something going on. Jake was getting the 'angry in-law stare'.

"Uh, Zander? You okay?" Jake inquired.

"Huh? Yeah, just dumb Daisy and Stacy disturbing me..." He muttered.

"Okay, well why do you seem to be in such a bad mood?" I asked

"I just realized something huge about Sean and Daisy..."

"That being?" I pressed

*Sean POV*

That day, I was going to ask her to marry me.

That's when things went so fucking wrong.

An announcement blared over the PA's of the nearby stores.

"CODE RED, CODE RED! ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATION, TAKE COVER."

The nearest store was a Victoria's Secret...

I guess the ramen gods weren't looking down on me today...