S05 E28: A Year Older

April 5, 2027

Isabella sat on the couch in front of Jimmy Fallon. She was wearing a white silk dress and rose gold heels with her hair naturally falling over her shoulders. This was her first interview on national television that had nothing to do with soccer, and it was the first she was doing without her mom beside her seeing as she was busy with the twins and Theo while her Ma was coaching ACFC so to say this was new to her was an understatement.

Unlike soccer, she wasn't talking about stats and tactics on the field. No. She was here to promote an album. An album that is so personal for her, where she shares a lot of what she is feeling.

She hates sharing her feelings. If she could, she would take everything she was feeling to her grave instead of having millions of people know. Something she and a bunch of her Aunts had in common, specifically Rosa and Santana.

This is why she gravitated towards music. She hates talking about it, but singing about it was a whole different story.

"So, Isabella, Healing Hours." Isabella nodded her head, letting out a small chuckle as she played with the ends of her dress, trying not to look at the crowd and focusing on the record Jimmy held in his hand. "Is this your hand?"

She nodded her head, leaning forward so she could see the cover, and chuckled. "Yes, yes it is. And those flowers came from Yeye's backyard. We shot that picture when we were in Atlanta for the test run of both of my Mom's broadway shows."

The audience cheered making Isabella look at them for the second time (the first time being when she walked in) and smile. Something that always happens when her Mom is brought up in the conversation.

"Your album is coming out in 2 weeks, so what is something that you could say about it? Who produced it? Who did you work with?"

Isabella grinned and nodded her head. "Okay so, as usual, my Mom produced it, but I'm slowly dabbling into the producing world as well so I was there to kind of observe, and I worked with a handful of artists. Taylor Swift is a huge part in making the album, she helped me and Mom with a lot of them, Hailee Steinfeld was also a part, my godmothers, Fletcher... uh...Harry Styles."

The crowd cheered when they heard the name of the ex-One Direction member making Isabella chuckle. "Oh yeah, Harold and I met a few years back and we promised to work with each other, and so we kind of took this opportunity."

"How is it compared to your first album? Because your first album was, whew, intense."

"It's so much different compared to Bitchin' Hours," Isabella laughed as she fixed her position on the couch. "I feel like it is so much more mature compared to the first album, which to be honest is basically just a diss track. But Healing Hours focuses so much more on moving on and dealing with grief, both in the relationship and death of a family and just in general. Because there are so many things that you could deal with that. And this is kind of how I dealt with in now that I am more mature and I know what I know."

The audience cheered again, making Isabella shoot them a small shy smile and nodded her head. "We're excited about your album and we can't wait to hear it, now about the song that you are about to perform, chillthefuckout. What is it about?"

"Well, everybody knows that we are a family of workaholics, so this phrase is something we hear about all the time so I made a song about it."

Jimmy laughed, alongside the rest of the people watching. "Are you ready to perform it?" Isabella hummed and nodded so Jimmy sat up straight and held the album up again. "Performing her single 'chillthefuckout.' from her new album 'Healing Hour' coming out on the 15th, ISABELLA PRESS!!"