S05 E17: Little Foot

February 19, 2027

Isabella tossed and turned in her bed. For some reason, she couldn't help but feel restless. She pulled her phone out and went on Instagram, the first thing she sees is a picture of her ex-girlfriend with another woman, making her immediately shut her phone and slam it beside her.

Paige has been seeing this woman for more than a week now, and even though the breakup was mutual, she couldn't bring herself to fully move on and date other people like Paige had been doing.

She's not judging though, since people have their ways of coping, but she's having a hard time in the moving on and dating department.

Feeling like she can't get any more sleep, she turned to her bedside table and looked at the time.

5:30 AM

She pulled the covers to the side and slid out of her bed, changing into her workout clothes, slipping into her running shoes, and pulling her hair into a ponytail. She made sure she had her keys, phone, and wallet before she head out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8:30 AM

Meanwhile, in New York, Michelle is in the studio watching their company rehearsing with the twins following their steps at the corner of the room. Christen was always by her side since she was a week overdue.

"Okay, reach your arms up in the sky and twist, twist turn."

Michelle clapped her hands and gave her cast two thumbs up before giving them a 5-minute water break. Michelle walked over to where her wife was, who was giving the twins water and leaned down to kiss her.

"Do you want to stand up and walk around a little bit?"

Christen nodded her head and gave her wife a thankful smile.

"Yes, please. Little Foot stayed in longer than expected, and I can't feel my legs."

Just as Christen stood up, she felt water trick down her legs. She stopped for a minute before slowly looking up at Michelle, who seem to be distracted by the twins.

"Speaking of Little Foot, I think she heard us and wants to meet us right now."

Michelle froze in her spot and looked up at her wife with wide eyes.

"Holy shit."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Isabella wiped the sweat on her forehead, taking a big gulp of her water. She decided to stop and look around for a minute, sitting on the bench overlooking a beautiful garden.

She let out a deep sigh, leaning her head back and closing her eyes, the sound of the birds enough to calm her down.

"Hey uh... Miss, you dropped this."

Isabella's head snapped sideways, where the voice came from, only to be faced with a familiar tall black woman who was handing her the keys to her apartment.

"Oh my god, thank you so much."

She paused for a while before tilting her head in curiosity.

"I'm sorry but you seem very familiar to me."

The stranger gave her a smile and a shrug.

"You might have seen me during Athlete's night, and we have Political Theory with Ms. Edwards together."

Isabella nodded her head in realization until something clicked.

"Oh my god, you're on the basketball team, Aryana, right? Third-year."