S05 E20: Right Person, Wrong Time

The twins sat on the kitchen table, doing their school work, Michelle was holding a napping Theo, and Christen was on her laptop doing some work for Re-inc and sending out emails to the players, informing them that she would be back to coach them at the last week of March.

While all of that is happening, Isabella was on her phone.

She couldn't take the thought of Izzy out of her mind, but she knows how she is struggling with her sexuality, and she didn't want to make a move until she finds out that she was actually sure about her sexuality. Plus, as far as she knows, no one aside from close friends and family knows that she and Paige broke up.

She didn't feel the need to tell anyone else. It was pretty obvious.

Grunting before standing up, she decided to go out and help Yeye garden. She kissed Theo's forehead and ruffled the twin's hair (which made them scowl at her) on the way out and grabbed some gloves before approaching the old man.

"Do you need help, Yeye?"

He looked up from his position and smiled at Bella.

"Yes please, you could start by pulling out the weeds."

Bella bent down and started pulling out a weed. She was too deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice her grandfather stop and watch her.

"I know the weeds are stealing the nutrients of the soil from these beautiful roses but you don't have to be that aggressive. It looks like a massacre in your part of the garden."

Bella looked down at what she was doing before giving Yeye a shy smile. She muttered a small 'sorry' before gathering the weed that she yanked out and putting it in one place. She went back to her spot and started pulling out weed less aggressively.

"You and your Mom are the same."

She looked at her grandfather curiously, waiting for him to continue.

"Always having girl problems."

Chuckling and shaking her head, she sat on the grass so that she could face him, watching him water the roses with his spray bottle.

"How did you know it's about a girl?"

He faced her with a knowing look. "I know that look all too well. Our family always seems to have a way with the ladies. I mean, look at me."

Bella let out a snort but shrugged her shoulders. "Fair point."

Yeye stopped what he was doing before taking his place in front of the 19-year-old and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Everything will be okay."

"I know it will Yeye I just-" She sighed and put a hand through her hair. "Should I tell her? She might not even be gay, and she also doesn't know Paige and I broke up."

"Nobody does." His eyes scanned the younger girl's face before putting a reassuring hand on her hand. "Did you know I loved your grandmother the first time I saw her, but it took years for us to get together?"

Isabella tiled her head, shocked at this information. She had always just assumed that they saw each other, fell in love and he adopted Ryan.

"Really?"

"Yes, she was too hung up on finding Ryan's biological father so I helped her. For 3 years, I was beside her loving her from afar, because I knew that's what she needed. She dated people, I sat there listening to the people she is interested in, helped her with them as well."

Isabella watched her great-grandfather take a deep breath and smile. "At that time, she and I were with the right people, at the wrong time. This is exactly that."