𝗫𝗫𝗜𝗩. home at last

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 !
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AFTER YET ANOTHER FLIGHT, THE GROUP OF five finally landed in Seattle where the rest of the Cullen clan were waiting for them. Beatrix had gone home with Edward, neither of them wanting to spend even a second without each other again, now that they were back together.

Their moment alone didn't last very long when Bella had arrived at the Cullen house early in the morning, it seemed the only person who knew what was happening was Stefan, along with Alice who had already seen it and Edward who had read her mind.

"Well," Bella started. "I'm hoping either Beatrix, Edward or Alice had already told you everything that happened in Volterra?"

"Everything," Alice nods.

"Okay," Bella nods back. "So, I have a problem," Bella began. "Alice promised the Volturi that I would become one of you. They're going to send someone to check, and I'm sure that's a bad thing⎯something to avoid."

"And so, now this involved you all. I'm sorry about that," Bella sighs. "But, if you don't want me, then I'm not going to force myself on you, whether Alice is willing or not.

Esme opened her mouth to speak, but Bella sent her pleading eyes. "Please, let me finish. You all know what I want. And I'm sure you know what Stefan thinks, too. I think the only fair way to decide is for everyone to have a vote. If you decide you don't want me, then... I guess I'll go back to Italy alone. I can't have them coming here."

"Taking into account, then, that I won't put any of you in danger, either way, I want you to vote yes or no on the issue of me becoming a vampire," Bella states.

"Just a minute," Stefan interrupts. "I have something to add before we vote. About the danger Bella's referring to, I don't think we need to be overly anxious. You see," he begins explaining. "The Volturi are overconfident, and with good reason. When they decide to find someone, it's not really a problem. Do you remember Demetri?" he questions Bella who nods. "He finds people⎯that's his talent, why they keep him."

"Like James," Beatrix explains to Bella.

"Exactly," says Stefan. "Now, the whole time we were with any of them, Edward was picking their brains for anything that might help us, getting as much information as possible."

Stefan then gestures towards Edward to speak. "I saw how  Demetri's talents work," Edward began. "He's a tracker, a tracker a thousand times more gifted than James was. His ability is loosely related to what I do, or what Aro does. He catches, the... flavour? I have no clue how to describe it, the tenor... of someone's mind, and then he follows that. It works over immense distances."

"But, after Aro's little experiments, well..." Stefan shrugged.

"You think he won't be able to find me," Bella states.

Stefan looked smug as he turned to Bella with a proud look. "I'm sure of it."

"But he can find everyone else," Beatrix states. "Is that something you forgot, or something you just don't care about?"

"And I can take care of myself," Bella adds making Emmett laugh and reach across the table toward his brother, extending a fist. "Excellent plan, my brother," he said with enthusiasm. Stefan stretched out his arm to smack Emmett's fist with his own.

"No," Rosalie hissed. "Absolutely not," Bella agreed. "Nice." Jasper's voice was appreciative. "Idiots," Alice muttered. "If this conversation goes any longer I might just stake myself," Beatrix sighed. Esme just glared at Stefan.

"All right, then. Stefan has offered an alternative for you to consider," said Bella. "Let's vote."

She looks towards Stefan first; knowing it would be better to get his opinion out of the way. "Do you want me to join your family?"

"You have to ask?" Stefan replies.

Bella nodded before moving on. "Alice?"

The pixie-like girl skipped forward, pulling Bella in for a hug. "I already consider you my sister. Yes."

Bella then turned to Jasper. "Yes," he says. "It would be nice not to want to kill you, all the time," he says, making a face, was he trying to smile? Beatrix thought to herself which only made her laugh.

"Rosalie?" Bella questioned.

The blonde hesitated for a moment, before finally speaking up. "No," she says, Bella keeps her face blank, ready to move on to the next person when Rosalie holds up both her hands. "Let me explain," she says. "This is not the life I would have chosen for myself. I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me."

Bella nodded understandingly before turning to Emmett. "Hell, yes!" he grinned. "We can find some other way to pick a fight with this Demetri."

Bella gulped nervously as she turned to Beatrix, her friend, the person she was bonded with, the person who had protected her more times than anyone else ever has.

"I told you, I would turn you," Beatrix began. "I told you I would turn you but only if, you had a good human life first, you graduated from high school, you went to college, got drunk, found friends, fell in love, fell out of love, or if you had absolutely nothing else to live for," the hybrid sighed. "This isn't fair. Because either way, I'm going to be losing out on something."

"If I say yes, I'll watch you turn into one of the things I hate most about myself, I'll watch you stay the same age while you watch your family grow old, when you realise in a few years, maybe, just maybe, it would've been better if you were human, when you realise you can't have children anymore, the only thing you can have is blood, and that'll be the worst part, the cravings, they'll never go away."

"But, If I say no, you die," she laughed bitterly. "And I'll die too. So, I guess, I just have to be selfish for once, and not care if in so and so years you regret your decision to become a vampire because at the end of the day it was your decision, but I won't lose what I've built for myself over the last millennia, and most importantly I won't lose Edward because you decided to fall in love with a vampire."

"So I guess my answer is yes."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

⎯ soooo, yeah this was a short-ish chapter, 1200 words, BUT, this is the end of new moon! finally. i'm gonna be writing ALL of eclipse & publishing it all at the same time, along with editing some of the old chapters so please don't spam me with comments telling me to update, i'll be as quick as i can but if i feel pressured, i get stressed and then i don't want to write.
⎯ but also on that note thank you all SOOOOO much for 50k reads that's insane, i love and appreciate you all