𝐎𝐎𝟑. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐒 ✓

SOULMATE ! ·˚
❛ chapter three ❜

BEATRIX BARNES AND BELLA SWAN HAD, somewhat made friends, or more specifically, Bella had. Beatrix didn't have the energy to talk with the teenagers, but nontheless she tried for Bella, knowing how much it ment to her.

It was there, sitting in the lunchroom listening to Bella try and make conversation with the curious strangers, keyword: try. It was there, that they first saw them.

Bella had noticed them first as Beatrix was too busy eating the french fries she had gorrej drom the cafeteria a few moments prior. "Who are they?" Bella questioned one of her new friends, Jessica Stanley.

Jessica and her other friend looked up to see who she ment, a smile grew on their faces as they turned around quickly. "The cullens," Angela Webber replied. "They're Dr and Mrs Cullens foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska a fww years ago," said Angela. "They kind of keep to themselves."

Beatrix perked up at that name. Cullen.

Carlisle Cullen was someone Beatrix met around the 1700s while they both spent a short time with the Volturi, she wasn't under the impression a coven was living in Forks, much less  Carlisle.

"-Yeah," Jessica continued. "'Cause they're all like together. Like together, together," she added. In walked a beautiful blonde girl wiith a muscular man by her side. "The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmet, they're like a thing," she explained. "I'm not even sure that's legal."

Angela rolled her eyes. "Jess, they're not actually related."

"Yeah, but they live together. It's weird," she huffed before turning around and glancing at the other two who had just walked in. "And, okay, the little dark-haired girls Alice. She's really weird, and she's with Jasper, the blonde one who looks like he's in pain."

Beatrix had to admit, he did look like he was struggling, and she didn't blame him, a room full of humans, of course, Beatrix had to assume they were vampires too, after all, if they're Carlisle's adopted children, ot well, coven, they had to be.

"Uh... Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad slash matchmake." Jessica spoke.

"Maybe he'll adopt me," Angela joked, putting on an innocent smile as she looked at Beatrix who smiled back, there were very few people in Forks High who hadn't managed to piss Beatrix off yet, Angela Webber was one of them.

"Who are they?" Bella questioned, nodding towards the door catching her friends attention, Beatrix looked up to find two boys walking in, looking similar to the rest of their family with their pale skin and black eyes, one out of two of them caught her attention more though.

"That's Edward and Nikolas Cullen," Jessica gushed. "They're the only single ones in their family, and they're totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently nobody here's good enough for them. Like I care, you know?" 

Beatrix tuned out the rest of Jessica's conversation, as she and Edward held eye contact until Edward reached the table the rest of their family was at. Beatrix glanced at Bella, who was making googly eyes at Nikolas, but while her attention was no longer at the Cullens, she could feel someone trying to enter her mind.

It was another thing the witches had done to her for protection against the cold ones, the only thing Beatrix would thank those witches for, as Beatrix herself didn't have a gift as the cold ones did, the witches made sure any type of gift wouldn't work on Beatrix, from tracking, pain inducment, all the way to telepathy.

The block in Beatrix's mind caused Edward to frown, watching her closely as she shrugged and went back to talking with Angela, that wasn't the only thing that confused Edward, she had no scent, and if he listened close enough, he could hear no heartbeat.

He knew she wasn't like bim, her eyes weren't black or golden, or even red. Of course, these could have been contacts, but not only that, she was sat on the hard plastic chairs, dipping her fries into a pot of ketchup while also sipping on her cup of coffee.

But if she wasn't a cold one, what was she?