Endou Mamoru

Beautiful art by Dolustoy on twitter and pixiv!

Request by Space_loverz

Hope you enjoy!
_______________________________________

[Riverbank]

"One more time!!" Endou bow at me, I look at him and refused.

"Endou it's already late, it's already 8pm. Don't you think your parents will get worried?" I replied holding the soccer ball in my hands.

Me and Endou have been training for the past 3 hours non-stop, Endou wanted to become stronger so he could get to Raimon Junior High and play soccer there.

In just a week, Endou and I we're going to be in the same school, class maybe. And soccer buddies.

"8PM?! I didn't see the time!!" Endou panicked and went to the bench taking his bag.

I sigh. "What could you do without me." I spin the soccer ball around looking at him.

"Probably be late and get scold by my parents!" Endou grin.

"Yeah right." I chuckled and gave the soccer ball to Endou.

"Thanks! See you tomorrow!!" Endou ran while waving.

I waved back.

...

I'll work very hard, so one day Endou's dream can become true.

-

[Flashback/6 years old]

[Riverbank]

I was reading a book on a bench, meanwhile there was kids playing soccer on the field.

"HEY WATCH OUT!!" Someone shouted at my direction, soon as I looked away from my book, I saw a soccer ball charging at my direction.

Suddenly a boy jumped out of nowhere and blocked the soccer ball with his head, the ball falls on the ground so did the boy.

"Are you okay?!" I put the book down and went to the boy.

"Someone call an adult!!" The kids shouted.

"I see... Stars..." The boy who protected me, was wearing a orange headband, I shake him a bit.

"Hey! Can you hear me??" I called him.

"Er.... Yeah! I'm fine..!" He grin and did a thumbs-up.

"You don't seem fine at all..." I sweatdrop.

Few adults came over to us and bandaged the boy, of course they called his parents.

"Mamoru! How many times have I told you to not do anything stupid!" The mother scold the child.

His name was Endou Mamoru.

"Ma'am.." I walk up to them.

"Oh, I'm sorry you had to see this.. My child.. Doesn't really think twice before doing things." The mother said.

"Ah no! He actually protected me from the soccer ball! I should be thanking him." I told her.

"Really? Mamoru. Is that true?" The mother look at Endou.

"Well..." He looks away.

"I'm so sorry, you were brave to save this kid!" His mother hugged Endou.

"It's okay mom!" Endou smiled hugging his mom.

"By the way, what's your name?" The mother asked.

"My name is [F/N] [L/N]!" I answered.

"Go ahead Mamoru, make your first friend!" The mother let go of Endou, he nods and walk up to me.

"AHEM! My name Endou Mamoru! Nice to meet you!" He smiled.

"Nice to meet you too!" We both shake our hands.

"Do you play soccer??" Endou asked.

"Not really.." I replied.

"Wanna play with me then??" He grin.

"Sure!" I nod.

Ever since that day me and Endou became good friends.

-

[Back to the present]

As I was busy in my thoughts I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"I FORGOT MY PHONE!! [F/N] DID YOU SEE IT ANYWHERE??" Endou came back running soon as he found out he forgot his phone.

"Uhh..." I look around.

"Ahh!! My mom is gonna kill me!!" Endou checked everywhere around the field.

After few minutes, I found Endou's phone under the bench on the ground.

"Found it!" I shouted.

"Thank you..." Endou felt more relaxed.

"You really can't do anything without me." I teased him, giving him his phone back.

Endou sweatdrop and opened his phone. "Oh! Mom invites to eat dinner with us! You wanna come??" Said Endou.

"Oh sure!" I nodded with a smile.

"Let's go then! I'm soo hungry.." Endou stomach even growl.

"Let's go!" I exclaimed.

The more time we spend together. The more I started to develop feelings for this soccer freak.