⫷ 40 • Commencement ⫸

Author’s POV

*a few weeks later*

A stunning lunar eclipse was happening. Just like the day Jane, No, Lilian took her final breath as her blood spread all over the floor. She glanced at the bloody moon. Gradually, sensing her vision getting blurry. Shortly, she couldn’t see anything but red. 

She decided to finally close her eyes feeling peaceful at the moment and didn’t mind falling into a deep sleep. Even if it meant forever.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Now she opened her eyes again, standing in the gloaming forest and staring at the familiar bloody moon. She may be in a different place with a different body, even with different people. Everything was foreign except the moon. Also the memories of her past life.

She questioned herself from time to time whether the steps she had taken were right or not. But she can’t step back anymore. Because this time she’s going to end what was started from her past life. 

Her golden eyes were sparkling with wrath.

Is that all you planned through? That’s a pity.” A man whose hair seems like red flame, his menacing green eyes scowling at Jane, who just turned to him with an indifferent expression. His clothes were tainted red with his as well as others' blood. She was emitting an extremely dark aura. But he still refused to flinch.

I see. You must have anticipated something more lively.” She broke into a smirk as she directed those words. Indeed she prepared the manpower to go after him but as expected they all died.

At that moment, he broke into laughter like a maniac. 

HAHAHAHA!! OUTSTANDING!” He began applauding with a crazy look. “And here I speculated it to be a grand clash among us. It was a waste to bring my man into this.” He said as he approached Jane. It was hard to tell what she was thinking at the moment. With that, the fox was incredibly satisfied watching her all alone since her plan was ruined.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

That is what he thought.

I’m not the weak Lilian you used to know.” She warned him.

You bet!” He grabbed her by the neck and aggressively slammed her to the tree behind her.

Ughh!” She groaned in pain and grabbed his wrist to prevent him from putting too much pressure on her. Out of his surprise, she laughed. “You’re so strong, aren’t you?

He was more pissed than usual and punched her in the guts. But she endured the pain while gritting her teeth.

Looks like you want me to kill you this time as well, Lilian!” He hissed at her with a creepy smile. She frowned back at him and finally punched him off in the face. She was released from his grip while he twirled around to finally fall on the rough ground.

Didn’t I say I am not the weak Lillian you used to know?” She said while stretching her neck then she ultimately glared again with her intimating golden eyes. “I am Jane Hellem. A noblewoman who has a great urge to kill you.” 

He was exhausted since before facing her he had already used most of his energy in slaughtering those men. He slowly got on his knees. 

Jane found this scene so amusing. The person she despised the most seems to be kneeling in front of her. 

You…” He was about to attack again but this time a bloodthirsty beast jumped out of the bushes and stood in front of Jane. 

That’s right! It was Proteus.

He jerked watching a growling beast and approached for his dagger. He slowly began to back away. 

Tch! Where did this annoying thing come from?” He grunted.

This annoying thing is actually a part of my family.” She said out loud as she approached the wolf and stroked his fur.

He was stunned to see the scenery. He didn’t know she had such a deadly beast as a pet. But he was too stubborn to give up. He also had some hidden cards. He snapped his finger and countless giant men started appearing behind him. As if he knew she would possess some hazard to him.

What are you going to do now, ‘Jane’?” He called her Jane for the first time while grinning. His men backed him up to protect him. They pull out the knives to fight back.

Hmm. It seems to be a brutal war then.” She glimpsed at Proteus while smiling. Meanwhile, the wolf understood and began howling loudly. 

One man panicked and tried to attack the wolf but suddenly another beast appeared out of nowhere and attacked the man. It brutally bit that man and everyone looked at the scene with utter panic.

What- what just happened?” Now the fox was shivering as if he felt sudden chills. He was still on the ground as he watched everything. His men also backed away.

I never said he is the only member of the family.” A dark smile appeared on her face, her old eyes made it more menacing. She seemed to be possessed by the devil. The men were startled. Soon they saw several glowing eyes behind her. The closer those eyes approached their figure became more clearer. 

Their faces turned pale as they realised there were so many wolves now standing behind her. Jane was now surrounded by a pack of wolves. If someone saw that they would have said it looked like something out of a horror movie. Her dark aura suited well with the wolves as if she was one of them. 

Boss, you never said we have to fight those beasts.” one of his men spoke in a shaking voice. His men began to step back slowly. 

Oh my! Aren’t we going to have bloodshed? Why are you backing away now?” She smirked. She is now the villain of this story. “....It’s too late…. Now fight!” As she finished the wolves immediately marched at them. 

"It's no good! RUN!!" His men began running away to save their lives, leaving the fox alone on the floor. He was unable to move and with his eyes wide opened, he stared at the approaching beasts in fear. 

However, none of them touched him. They went after his men who were screaming in fear. Some of them were caught by the wolves and were slaughtered.

Huh?”  He was confused and grasped with his trembling voice as he stared at Jane who was still standing there with his wolf by her side.

Don’t worry, my shitty love. I won’t let you die so easily.” She smiled while looking down at him. She liked how he was clueless about what’s going to happen to him. “I want to play a little game so….” She gently stroked her wolf who was baring his teeth at the fox. 

Now run like a bitch!” She grumbled as she glared again at him.