⫷ 39 • Precious Moments ⫸

Good evening, Jane.” William greeted me. He was seated on a single seated couch and looked straight in my direction. The memories from last night flooded my mind. I was too absorbed in my thought and failed to notice how I was getting flustered until Moran commented.

Have you committed a crime before coming here? What’s with your face?” He sneakily glanced.

Huh?” I turned to him in shock.

Jane, you don’t look fine. Your face is all red. Do you have a fever?” Louis, who was standing next to the door approached me and asked with a worried look. 

Ahaha! No! I’m alright…i... I was just nervous thinking about our plan. But don't worry! There’s no way I’m backing off.” Throughout the day, that was all I was thinking so I blurted it out. Although the real reason was William about whom I can’t seem to say anything.

I’m glad to see you are determined. Please take a seat before we start with our discussion.” William said that while pointing at the couch near him.

Ah! Sure.” I took my seat. Meanwhile, Albert was going through the plan written on the documents kept on the table in front of us. I believe William had definitely explained it all while I was away so I don’t have to worry. Albert doesn't have much of a role in this plan.

Aside from that, One thing is for sure that William strangely possesses some feelings for me. I still find it hard to believe that we almost kissed last night. But why would he fall for someone like me? It is unsettling. In the manga, he was someone who had a great vision of turning his country into an ideal place for people. His purpose was to end this class system and bring equality in this world even if he had to play the bad guy. He already accepted his dark ending. 

But this time, I made an appearance and changed some plots. If I continued to interact with them. The whole future will change. I’m not someone who can save him. I am nothing but a side character who basically had no role in this story. Will my presence be a threat to his life? I wonder. 

I think I know what I must do after it’s all over.

We began to discuss it again with Albert. Almost an hour passed by when we finished.

It is indeed interesting. It’s a shame that I will not be able to see it. But I’ll play my part well.” Albert smiled as he gently closed his eyes.

Well too bad there’s no such thing as a video recorder.

I’m grateful to you, Albert.” I responded to him.

Finally, I can leave for a rest. I felt a slight relief knowing I don’t have to face Wiliam till the next day arrives.

Since we are done with our matter, everyone can go have some rest…” William stated. I was about to get up but his gaze suddenly landed on me. “However Jane, we still have some business alone. Please wait for a while.” He had the most nonchalant face as he stared into my eyes. 

Alright, brother. Don’t stay awake longer. Good night.” Louis happily took his leave. I glanced at Albert who had a strange smirk. Maybe his mind is already cooking weird thoughts. Moran was pissed, meanwhile, Fred just sighed. Eventually, everyone went to their rooms leaving me and William behind.

I stared at the room as their footsteps finally began to fade but the sound of my heartbeat became more clearer.

Jane

Uh..yes

Last time, You asked if I liked you and I answered, but what about you?” he asked while intertwining his fingers and resting them on his lap. I never expected him to ask that.