⫷ 16 • Parting Time ⫸

I was being held by William in his arms. Everyone had the surprising look on their faces. Once I felt fine enough to stand I asked William to let me be. In the right corner of the crowd, I saw Steve standing with a completely distinct expression from others. It looked like he was thinking something distinct.

"Brother..." Louis muttered as he was confused about what happened.

"Well, Jane almost slipped so I helped her." William explained.

"I'm sorry for the commotion." I said nervously.

"You sure scare people for nothing" Moran commented. Fred was just standing there with a 'that girl is none of my business' face.

Moran and Fred felt annoyed and left as soon as they saw there's no threat around. 

"What are you doing in William's room?" Albert asked. He was in his robe, hair loose and messy which is falling on his face. By the look I can tell his sleep was ruined by me and the same goes to Louis who is standing there without his glasses. However, they look worried instead of furious. Good thing anyway.

[Author's note : casually felt like adding this picture here

[Author's note : casually felt like adding this picture here. I colored their eyes and hair just a day before xam..lol...lord save me]

"umm... Actually, I'm at fault. I was too tired that I didn't notice which room I was in and ended up falling asleep here. I apologize to everyone especially to William."

For some reason, they all just laughed it off and told me to not feel burdened about it. These holy beings who murdered several nobles are actually being angels. That's why I love these guys in my previous life. 

"You...you still breathing, right?" Steve uttered, his hands clenched into a fist. Breaking the warm atmosphere those three brothers created.

"What kind of question is that? Of course, I'm breathing!" I replied. He just looked down on the floor.

"Don't scare me like that, idiot." I noticed his lips were trembling as he uttered those words. "I'm going back now." He turned to return to his room. 

What was it? What did his expression meant? 

I quickly passed through the door avoiding the two brothers standing there. 

"Steve!" I grabbed his arm. He didn't even turn around. 

"Let me go.."

"NO! What's wrong? Are you upset with m-" I walked in front of him and paused as I saw his tears on his face.

 "Steve?" I removed his hair around his eyes only to see a heartbreaking look on his face. I quickly hugged him and patted his head to calm him. This is the first time I saw him this scared.