⫷ 20 • Other Side ⫸

Heyy!!! I colored his manga art. Do you like it?

Alright! Back to the story.

*****************************

Author’s POV

*Moriarty Manor*

*After Jane got drugged*

Jane was carried by Fred to the carriage Moran prepared to ride. The destination was obvious to them, 'The Lurking Fox'.

Steve was still sitting on the couch not budging from his position. His eyes were fixated on the floor between his shoes. There was no reaction, just an empty stare. 

The three Moriarty brothers were still there. Louis decided to take cups and teapot to the kitchen. William and Albert were sitting in front of Steve watching his nonchalant look. 

"Make sure your plan works out well." Steve finally spoke in a gloomy tone.

"Of course, it will." William answered while examining his expression. William knew Steve is capable of hiding too much behind his desolate expression but cannot comprehend what he is hiding. 

"As you know, we are on good terms with that person (fox). He is someone who would use any means to get what he wanted even if it means using our true identity. Therefore, we have to send Jane to him." Albert explained sincerely. 

Steve gave a chuckle which wasn't out of joy. He just finds it frustrating how he let them do things their way.

"Well, do whatever you want. Just keep me safe from her. Because she will undoubtedly kill me if I come to her sight." Steve sighed.

"You don't need to worry about that. Besides, I have cleared it out to you why I kept you here." William notified Steve. Steve glanced at him without hinting single remorse.

"Very well." He replied. "But let's discuss that later since it all depends on what I’ll hear tomorrow. Well then, I'm on my way to sleep." He got up from his seat. 

"The sun is setting already. Have a good sleep, Steve." William answered back.

"Yes and keep that in mind the matter with Jane is in your hands now." Steve uttered while passing by the door.

As he left, only two brothers remained in the empty room. William sighed from all the ruckus that is about to begin. Albert noticed that.

"Are you worried about her?" Albert asked.

"I'm not, brother." He replied with a dull expression. "I planned it all after all." 

"Then why have I never seen you like this before other strategies that you've taken action on?"

"Well, she...she believed in us and we are about to break her trust the moment she meets him. The only thing she wants is to live peacefully but she’s suffering from a deeper scar that is left by that person. She would be broken when she’d find out what we did." He continued to express his sentiments.

"I see. So you are indeed worried about her." Albert’s eyes soften looking at his little brother. 

"Most likely. I did this all for a reason. She must face him for the greater good." 

"Greater good?"

"Yes. It is for her sake. You'll see for yourself, brother Albert." He smiled at him.