⫷ 33 • Drunk Time Stories ⫸

*Moriarty Manor*

Jane arrived at Moriarty Manor and rushed to the study room where everyone usually gathers to discuss matters. She was sure to find William there since he prefers to plan things out there instead of sleeping. However, she was greeted by Albert who was leisurely drinking his wine. She noticed there was a spare glass as if it was intentionally placed for her.

"Hello, Jane. You've arrived sooner than I expected." He greeted, glancing at the irritated lady.

"Where is William?" She glared at him. The person she especially asked for the request wasn't present which made her more upset. Albert just smiled while drinking his wine.

"Everyone is out for an errand together. But don't worry, they will return soon. How about we wait for them while fancying wine?"

She looked at him suspiciously.

"Don't worry. I'm not trying to do anything funny. The drink is safe." He poured some more wine into his glass and drank it up. "See!" He showed her the empty glass.

She was just bewildered to see how this man can drink wine like water everyday and still look sober.

"Fine! Pour me some." She replied and made her way to the seat near him.

"It would be an honor." He filled the spare glass and gently slid it towards her. "Shall we cheer?"

"NO." She gulped the wine in one go.

"Don't be in such a hurry. Drink slowly." Albert filled her glass again. She felt more and more frustrated.

"Albert." But rather than raging up, she decided to talk calmly. "William told you about why I came here, right?" She asked while holding onto her glass.

"Of course. William especially told me about it. This is the reason why I am accompanying you at the moment."

"But William was supposed to discuss the request in everyone's presence!"

"That is exactly why we are waiting for everyone to arrive." He gave a carefree smile to her. He was giving her a severe headache to her from frustration. She finished another glass of wine.

"I didn't come all the way to here only to wait longer for him to proceed with my request!" She exclaimed.

"Now, now. It would be hard for you to handle matters if you lose temper so easily." He filled her glass once again. "By the time, Let's talk about something else."

"What do you want to talk about?" She gritted her teeth but she replied. He knew how she was getting impatient because of the fox.

Albert began to go through his suit's pocket as she was drinking her wine. He then took out a picture and placed it on the table in front of her. She carefully scanned the picture by taking a closer look.

"hmm...She seems familiar." It was a picture of a beautiful lady holding a hand fan. The moment she realised who that woman was, Jane froze on her spot.

"You recognized her, isn't it?"

"Yes. She is Irene Adler, a prima donna from the state of New Jersey in America." She carefully chose her words.

"That's right. However....." He narrowed his eyes. "She is suspected to be someone who stole a confidential document from Buckingham Palace."

"Huh?" She was shocked since she never thought he would actually tell her.

"That was a dry reaction." He chuckled.