⫷ 11 • At Moriarty's Mansion ⫸

*4 days later*

Jane's POV

Noahtic was the most miserable ride I've ever had in my life. I could barely sleep after that letter. Whenever I closed my eyes, I got stuck in my nightmare. Now, that guy came back, the past trauma almost took over me. Hence, I barely sleep even my mom's special tea can't help.

I was getting restless thinking how much he knew about me. How did he recognised me? I've to find him before he wrap me under his fingers.

My bond with Steve was once again twisted for worse. At first, when my nightmare revealed our connections, I loathed Steve. On the other hand, when I finally came to trust him, that guy returned.

Steve, you're on my side, right?

Yes, I used to wonder what will I do if he were to appear again. So many questions bombarded me when it comes to him. No matter what, I've never thought about taking revenge. Despite knowing he's my worse nightmare, hurting him in anyway is difficult for me to think.

But when I think about it. Perhaps, Steve was right. This is a second chance for us. I must make up my mind. The past was full of lies. Remembering how he used me in the name of love, boils my blood.

Yes! He will face the consequences.

If things get more twisted, I have my plans.

*Near some place*

Steve and I stood at a specific place, probably an abandoned area you can say. After a carriage picked us from our home and left us here.

Finally another carriage arrived, sent by William, of course. The guy as I already knew was Fred. However, he was disguising as an old man with wrinkles on his face. I recognised him by his height since I've seen him on that ship. We got in while Fred put our luggages in and we finally left for Moriarty mansion.

So what actually happened was, on the second day of returning from Noahtic, I've got a letter from Steve that we are going for a small trip to France for 5 days. But looking at the writing I realised it wasn't from him. It looked suspicious. But inside the envelope, I saw a small chit. I took it out and read.

This is Moriarty, both Steve and you received the same message. We'll send a carriage to pick you up. From there you'll have your carriage switched and come to us. 

Please burn the letter after reading it.

And that's how we are here!

Throughout the ride, no one spoke a word. Steve and I were preparing ourselves to meet William, the Crime Consultant.

What frightening me is him asking me how I knew about him being a Crime Consultant. He did have clues that I've always known his identity. But, right now, finding out about that bastard is more important.

Calm down, Jane! You can do it!

"Done cheering up?" Steve sneered.

"Reading my mind?" I just hissed.

"Your expression says it all. It'll go fine. We'll find him before he would." He put his hand on mine.

"Right."

"Don't be like that there." he whispered to me. I rolled my eyes but nodded anyway.

*Moriarty mansion*

"We have arrived." Fred announced in his old man voice. We got off the carriage. Fred led us inside the mansion. He opened the door.

"Follow me." He commanded.