⫷ 24 • To Witness Loss ⫸

I ran as fast as possible to get there. Running over grass barefoot had my heels scratched through the dust. But I can't feel the pain. My mind was already occupied. I must get there before something terrible could appear. I recalled there’s a stable right before the forest. As I leaped through the final building, I saw the stable. While looking around to make sure there’s no one, I quickly untied one horse and took it out of the stable. 

Without wasting any moment, I hopped on it and proceeded to go into the forest as early as I could.

"Please be safe!" I muttered in desperation.

My Lilian, you may have apart from me but guess what! I'm waiting for you near the crossway path that is not too far from your home. Your parents are finally returning so I was speculating about giving them a splendid welcome. 

Don't be late to see my gift, my love.

My parents went to meet my father's old friend. His friend held a grand party and my parents can’t refuse him. So, they decided to attend nonetheless. I expected that psycho to go after my family but not that soon. I don’t care what happens to me, I won’t let him hurt them!

I don’t know how much time has passed but it felt so long. I wiped my tears that were making my vision blurry. The cold breeze was brushing through my skin, making my senses numb. I tried not to lose myself as I cut through the unseen air and rode my horse swiftly.

*An hour later*

I’ve finally reached the crossway. I get off my horse. I can’t see a single soul around here as I looked around to find clues of someone to be around. Due to rain, it’s cloudy and the grass is all wet. The partially hidden moon behind clouds has dim light which is enough to look around. I went near the muddy road and checked to see if any carriage passed recently or not. Since the soil is wet, the traces of the wheel can easily be made. I bent down to get a proper view. The soil was plain which confirms that my parents didn’t pass from here yet. 

Then I’ll go and protect them before he can do anything.” I announced to myself. I turned towards the direction of my horse as I stood up. I felt someone’s presence near the horse. Someone was standing there. I froze for an instant.

Were you waiting for me,.....Lilian?” The man hummed at me. I gritted my teeth in rage.

YOU BASTARD!” I charged at him but before I could get near, someone grabbed my arms. No, not one person there was another too. They twisted my arms around my back and dragged me near the bastard. Afterward, they made me bent on my knees and pushed my face to the ground as if I was kneeling in front of that guy. Some of the mud got into my mouth. I tried hard to resist but his men are well trained so I tried to calm myself while looking for an opening.

He laughed amusingly at my state. I wanted to punch that ugly grinning face so badly to the point he found it hard to even cry.

You were always obedient to me in the past. *sigh* I should have continued to hide this side of me but I started to get bored of you.” He bent down. 

I was not good at interacting with people so even in my past life no one was by my side except one person. But I started avoiding her after meeting him. I still regret my actions. 

Just because I did you a favour by loving you, I became everything to you.” His finger gently touched my hair then suddenly grabbed them so tightly and made me look up to his face. I groaned in pain.

Haha, that’s right! You were everything to me. But someone was jealous of their partner’s achievements. I wonder who that might be.” I mocked while glared at him with a sly laugh. In the end, I was in his way so he chose to eliminate me in the worst way. I came to understand everything in this life.