⫷ 26 • Back To Manor ⫸

Author's POV

William, Tell her.” Moran glanced at him.

Of course, Mr. Moran.” William uttered in a deep voice which almost got Jane's attention. 

"What the hell is going on?" She glared at William.

"Jane.." he gave a small chuckle which had her bewildered. "Before I speak further look at the road." He gazed into her shivering eyes with his crimson eyes. Those eyes were almost glowing in the dark, almost threatening. 

While taking a shaky breath, She deliberately turned towards the road. She heard some rattling sound. She attempted to look up the place the noise was reaching from. It didn't take much longer for a carriage to appear. She stepped a little closer to see it clearly. 

"Wait…" her eyes widened as she scanned the carriage. "That carriage…" she stammered in disbelief.

"That's right! That's your parents' carriage." Moran pridefully announced. Jane kept on gazing at the carriage. No matter how one looks at it. That was her parents' carriage. The tears of joy took over her eyes. She covered her lips with her hands out of happiness.

'They are alive! My parents are alive!' she thought to herself.

For her, it felt like she's once again alive. She got so relieved that she dropped down on her knees and started crying heavily with her face down. She was joyous but her tears didn't stop. 

Everyone looked at each other with a smile. Fred had his eyes fixated on her. He can feel her emotions even though he doesn't say them. He was happy for her. Louis, with a smile on his face, covered William with a big cloth. At the same time, he handed William another, signaling his brother to offer it to Jane. 

"Go talk to her, brother." Louis knew that William cared for her so he let him look after her. William understood and accepted it.

William stood up and stepped in her direction. He kneeled near her and put the cloth over her.

"I'm sorry, Jane. Because of me, you have to go through all-" At that moment, he couldn't even complete his sentence as Jane immediately embraced William into her arms. 

He was stunned, not only him but everyone around them had their eyes popping out in shock. He wasn't expecting this to happen. He was incapable of doing anything as his mind stopped working at the very instant.

"Hey, you.!!" Moran raised his voice but he was halted by William.

"Thank you, William!" She sobbed over his shoulder. "Really thank you for saving my parents.." he can feel her heartbeat that was gently throbbing through her body. He felt her slender figure effortlessly. Her warmth made him feel at ease since he was anxious that she'll hate him for setting all that play. But he felt warm in her embrace that he almost forgot everything about the world.

As he was about to hug her back he suddenly came to his senses and prevented his actions. He clenched his fingers in frustration because he's afraid that she didn't deserve affection from a murderer like him. But Jane hugged him even tighter as she continued to cry. William was reluctant to avoid her nor could he embrace her back. He kept his feeling restrained while trying to keep his expression unchanging. Just sorrow filled in his eyes with a fake smile.

"*Ahem* William, Albert must be waiting for our arrival. Let's head home then explain to her what actually happened here." After a while, Moran finally interrupted them. Jane also seemed calm after crying too extensively. 

Both William and Jane were injured badly. They need to return to be treated. 

"Very well. Jane, it's time to return. Shall we go?" William offered his hand to her.