⫷ 9 • Unexpected Circumstances ⫸

It's Sherlock!!!!

I was too surprised to see his face that I didn't hear him calling.

"Are you listening?" He waved his hand in front of my face to check if I heard him. I snapped back.

"Ah, yes! I am."

"What's with your face?" He stared suspiciously. I immediately normalised my expression and gave a little glare at him. Because of the ladies surrounding him, I tripped.

"Oh my, why are you staring at him? Don't tell me you're interested in him. You're already engaged, Miss Hellem." a woman joked around while giving me a dirty glare. The fuck is wrong with her? I kept my composure even though I want to whack her ass.

"Miss, you should be apologizing. I stumbled because of you." I demanded with a sweet voice, swallowing my frustration.

"Miss Hellem, you shouldn't blame others for your errors. How can I, a fragile lady can make you stumbled?" That lady gently put her right hand to her heart and attempted to look miserable. Sherlock looked at her smiling. He knew she's lying.

He then turned to glance somewhere behind me, his expression was perplexed. Suddenly, someone patted my shoulder.

"Excuse me, aren't you forgetting something, Miss?" I turned around to see a man fuelled with anger, said in a low tone. His suit was stained with the wine that slipped from my glass. A deadly smile curved around his face. Wait! Not just any man but Duke Blitz! Oh god, it's worse!

"I-I'm really sorry, Duke Blitz. I accidentally tripped and-" This time, I was absolutely overwhelmed. I sounded nervous.

"You think I'll let it slide?" His eyes were twitching. He didn't shout but at any time, surely.

"There, there! Duke Blitz, a gentleman must not rage on an innocent lady like her. Your greatness might get tainted." Sherlock made a gullible point. Duke took aback. The 3 ladies around Sherlock gritted their teeth.

"That's right. Then I'll forgive you this time." He was breathing like a bull preparing to attack. But he won't attack. Sherlock saved me.

"You're a great man! Well then, you can't move around wearing this suit, Duke Blitz." Sherlock pointed with his hand.

"Right! I'll go and change." Blitz still doesn't look much collective. He then came close to me and whispered. "I will kill you the next time I see you." I freaked out at his warning. After that, he gave his 'warning' smile and left for his room.

I felt relieved. But, if you survived this ride, Blitz. Do try to kill me. Hah!

"Thank you very much" I lowered my head slightly in awe.

"So, we were about to talk." Sherlock once again put his attention on me. I don't want to talk.

"Thanks for saving me earlier. But I'm not interested in further conversation with you. I'm afraid, I have to take my leave" I respectfully denied him.

"What a bold personality. Just by one look, I can tell you have experience in self-defense technique."

"Well, did I asked?"

"But I told you anyway. Was I right? Oh! One more thing, that man over there is your fiance, right? The guy with dark brown hair." I saw Steve at the other end of the hall, he was busy having conversations with nobles.

"You're expression is telling me you two aren't in love with each other. Are you sure you want to marry him?" I know he is smart but his deduction skill is ridiculing me.