⫷ 17 • Abandoned ⫸

Ugh! My body hurts so bad. It feels heavy. I tried to lift my hands but it felt like I'm carrying a heavy bag with them. I was struggling.

Where am I?

I slowly opened my eyes. It was dark, only a little light sensed by me. However, I still can't see what place this is. Definitely not Moriarty Manor but a dull place I've never seen.

As I started to get back my senses. I noticed I was being laid on a small bed. The mattress was so hard that it made my body hurt more as if I'm lying on a hard rock. Just as I tried to get up from bed. I was pulled back by my wrist and a clink sound was heard.

I looked around my hands and was shocked to see myself being chained to the bed. My wrists were separately handcuffed by a long chain which according to me was attached to the bed I'm lying on. I realised that my legs were also chained the same as my wrists. I checked raising my head to see my legs. The chains were thick, if I try to break it, I'll be the one who is going to get hurt.

"Where the hell am I?" I said with my raspy voice. I scrutinized the place. The room is huge. It's walls are tattered. The bed was right in one corner. There was a window in the center of one wall. Through which moon light was vaguely entering but it was not facing towards me so it was hard to see outside it. Next to my bed a burning candle. By the amount of melted wax, it seems like it must be burning for approximately 20 minutes.

There's no doubt this place is abandoned. Smell of stagnant water is making me uneasy. It is hard to breathe. I can't think about anything.

I heard a creak sound which snapped out and looked towards the door in front of my bed. A man's dark figure was seen.

"Oh my! You woke up." his voice sounded excited. "My Lilian" He hummed. Shiver ran through my body making me unable to think. The dark old memories flashed in my mind as I stared at the dark ceiling.

I heard his footsteps approaching me. I'm too scared to look at him. When he came near my bed, he bent down at me and touched my cheeks with his cold hand while his other hand was resting next to my face. At this point, my heart was ready to jump out of my body. I was breathing heavily.

"NO!" I turned away from him repelling his touch.

"Don't be like that, my love. It hurts my feeling." he faked being pitiful. "Now, now, Look at me, Lilian"

I can't think straight! I closed my eyes while tears started falling.

"I said LOOK AT ME!!" he pulled me by my chin at him. I gasped at his action and stared back at him with my eyes wide open with fear. His hairs were red and his green eyes were glowing menacingly. I tried to push him away with my chained hands but he grabbed on hand so tightly that it hurt.

"L-Let go.." I cried.

"Lilian, that's not how you welcome your lover. We've met after ages and all you're doing is crying like a dying rat." He loathed me. "And here I missed you all this time. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have killed you."

"Huh?" I felt like someone made a really lame joke.

"I wanted to play more but then I made a mistake." his grip got tighter as his forehead touched mine. Numbness spread through me as his menacing eyes came closer. "Even if your appearance changed, you still act the same."

"W-What d..do you mean?"

"The way you walk, the way you get angry, the way you smile when you like someone, the way you think. I know everything about you. You can't hide anything from me, Lilian"