⫷ 30 • A Bad Day For Outing ⫸

*A month later*

*In The Morning*

I was sipping tea as I scanned through the newspaper reading about the murder of another aristocrat. I smirked thinking how frustrated Sherlock would be since he was unable to solve this very mystery.

The so-called “The Study in Scarlet”.

William is sure an outstanding criminal mastermind to make Sherlock go crazy over a mystery he is yet to solve. Well, not only him but I, too, losing my mind because of William. When he sent that letter, I was all determined to give it a go but it was all before I checked the contents of that letter. I’m not sure if he is making some excuses but he asked me to wait since he has other matters to deal with.

By matters, he meant eliminating bad nobles. Somehow, it is getting on my nerves as I’m reading the very matter in the newspaper that he mentioned in the letter. It’s already been a month now!

So I’ve decided to sneak into the Moriarty Manor to talk to him whether he likes it or not!

What are you thinking so intensely?” Alice questioned. She put her teacup on the table and glanced at me.

Ah! I was just shocked at the news. Many nobles have lost their lives recently.

Oh, Jane! Don’t mind such news. These people probably did something bad and had their karma coming.” She frowned as she held her teacup for another sip.

Haha! It might be the case.” I almost felt nervous. She talked as if she knew about the culprit behind their deaths. Fortunately, she was only giving her speculations. In reality, she is unaware of it.

Anyway, I’m truly glad now that you’re getting better lately. I’m finally relieved to know that your nightmares have stopped.” her brows softened as she spoke.

Well, I am grateful about it.” I smiled watching her worrying about me.

I'm not sure how that happened, maybe after meeting him for real must have had something to do with it. But it is still a strange phenomenon to me.

Is it because I feel protected?

Whatever it is, people who care about me are happy to see me finally getting better. However, I don’t think I have overcome that fear. The thought of that nightmare is still haunting. I prefer not to think about it.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

Jane! Are you there?” my father knocked on my door.

Yes, father.

He entered my room. Alice greeted him. Then he finally looked at me.

So, Jane, You must have remembered what you said last month.” he started.

I knew he would be here for that matter. So I already prepared myself to the extent of avoiding this situation.

Yes, I do.” I replied boldly. Now, comes my 'excited' face. “I’m eager to tell you but there seem to be some complications in the business I started. So, is it alright if I’ll tell you about him later? In fact, I'll invite him for dinner whenever he’ll get time.”

Hmm, sounds plausible to me.” He rubbed his chin as he thought about what I just proposed. “Well then, I’ll wait for that day. It better be earlier or else. You already know what’s in for you.” there was a touch of warning in his expressions. I was not bothered since I saw it coming.