⫷ 4 • The Visit ⫸

*2 days later*

Steve arrived around 11 in the morning. It takes almost 1 hours to reach my home from his. Seeing him this early probably means he's too excited. He rested in the living room while I got ready. Then we finally left for Albert's house at 12.

My bodyguard was sitting beside me in the carriage. He's tall and masculine guy. His calm personality made him look so elegant despite having to deal with unsightly situations. Besides, he's trustworthy and that's the only reason for him to be by my side. When he first realised that he's assigned to be my bodyguard, he had a humorous expression. Even he founded the idea of being a little girl's bodyguard to be funny. I feel a little guilty though. It was not supposed to be part of my plan. But good thing is, he's from a middle class family and he don't despise lower class people. He simply don't give a duck about anything but his duty. However, knowing about him got me a little curious.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to talk about Steve. When he found out about me getting a bodyguard. He cracked out laughing (not in front of everyone).

"Are you that scared of this world?" Is what he said mockingly. I just let it slide. Indeed, it's true that I'm scared of this world. I've already lost my life by bursting my head. I can't take this life for granted. Maybe I would have if these memories had never returned.

Well, he's now sitting in front of me, trying not to laugh watching me with a giant bodyguard. That asshole.

*2 hours later*

We reached Moriarty mansion. Steve informed one of the Moriarty's servant that we are Albert's guest. After a while, Albert came out to welcome us. He too had a puzzled expression seeing Mr. Bodyguard. My bodyguard explained that it was for my safety since I am too young to go out alone.

"I see. Your family is too protective of you. I can guess but your habit of wandering alone in the party." Albert gave a small laugh. Steve burst out laughing again after Albert's statement. Seriously, I want to beat the shit out of these two! But it's fine. I must look weak. It's better to not look smart but clumsy.

Afterward, we stayed in the mansion for a while. This time, the real brother of Albert greeted us then went back to his room. Maybe he was scolded by his big bro. Anyway, visiting his mansion was not today's plan. It was "Hatton Garden Ragged School". Steve already told me about that. I told him about William being there. So, Steve somehow managed to make Albert agree to let me and Steve join him.

After travelling a little distance, we arrived at that orphanage.

"Welcome Sir Albert, this time you even bring some guest. The children will be delighted." A lady who works in the orphanage said.

"This is Jane Hellem and Steve Jonathan. They wanted to come along to meet children so I gladly brought them with me." Albert explained. Steve and I also greeted them. They greeted us back and welcomed us cheerfully. Then I turned to my right and that's right! There they are! William and Louis. William was reading out the stories to children surrounding him. Louis was sitting beside his big brother. They are freaking adorable. Especially, Louis. I've never talked about it but I always found Louis the most adorable character. Aahhhh! I wanna give this baby a tight hug!

"Those two are interesting, aren't they?" Oops! I almost forgot that I'm a part of this story now. Act normal, girl!! Albert said with an expression of curiosity and at the same time, he looked amused.

"Yes! Especially, the boy who's reading out the book! " I replied back with my childish excitement.

"He looked genius." Steve said. I looked at him and gave a little smirk. He understood the reason.